Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 8:26:00 PM EDT
Pretty stoked. I will get out this weekend and put some rounds down the pipe and see how she runs.

I hear my 1911s weeping in the safe
CH

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine for over 15 years and never a problem.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't that cool?  I just bought an XD-40 and I think I was more excited by the 12 rnd mags in the case than the pistol!

congrats on the new aquisition.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:06:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome.

G20? I took the time to count the witness holes, it's a G17...  The grip looks big like a G20/21 series but it might be the photo or my eyesite.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Any markings on the mags? Date stamp, LE/Gov't Only?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Any markings on the mags? Date stamp, LE/Gov't Only?

From the pic, there are no markings on the mag as far as I can tell.

(Glock mags are LEO marked on the spine between the witness holes. Nearly the length of the mag)

Sly
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
glock has already started shipping out non-marked magazines.

J
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
so basically, what you are telling me is that new production standard cap Glock mags don't have any markings at all?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
so basically, what you are telling me is that new production standard cap Glock mags don't have any markings at all?

AFAIK, yes.  Why would they be marked?

(Course being from NY, I think I understand your interest)

ETA: Course I haven't seen one yet so I can't say with certainty if they're won't be any date stamp.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]
No markings on the mags. When I ordered it (RSR) I was given the option to get 10 rounders or 17 rounders, not a hard choice!

I just got 5 more mags in todays mail, all LEO marked but who cares! Got  8 more mags coming and 6 more mag bodies (from a member).  I ordered (4) +2s, holster a few days ago and will order a 3.5# connector, spring upgrade(?), light (M3x) and if my wallet will allow, a lasermax laser.

I have only two issues; Grip angle, which I will get used to, putting that first scratch on a new gun! I hate that. I might just go outside and throw it in the dirt, kick it around, pick it up and dust it off. That might take hte new out of it! Then again, 500 to 1000 rounds should also do the trick!

Happy new Glock owner.
CH

BTW: I am heading out the door in a few minute to run a couple mags thru her! God I love living in the country!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice.  Good to see them with the correct mags again.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No markings on the mags. When I ordered it (RSR) I was given the option to get 10 rounders or 17 rounders, not a hard choice!

I just got 5 more mags in todays mail, all LEO marked but who cares! Got  8 more mags coming and 6 more mag bodies (from a member).  I ordered (4) +2s, holster a few days ago and will order a 3.5# connector, spring upgrade(?), light (M3x) and if my wallet will allow, a lasermax laser.

I have only two issues; Grip angle, which I will get used to, putting that first scratch on a new gun! I hate that. I might just go outside and throw it in the dirt, kick it around, pick it up and dust it off. That might take hte new out of it! Then again, 500 to 1000 rounds should also do the trick!

Happy new Glock owner.
CH

BTW: I am heading out the door in a few minute to run a couple mags thru her! God I love living in the country!

To compensate for the more acute grip angle, try extending your arms a little bit more than you would with a 1911.  It works for me, at the expense of  a little less stability.  When I shoot a 1911, I hold it pretty close to my face.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happy new Glock owner.
CH

To compensate for the more acute grip angle, try extending your arms a little bit more than you would with a 1911.  It works for me, at the expense of  a little less stability.  When I shoot a 1911, I hold it pretty close to my face.

I am really struggling with the grip angle. I fired a couple mags though it put it up. Then went out and fired about 150 rounds through my buddies (same exact gun) and still am having a hard time. I think part of it might be that I am left hand right eye, (not lefty by choice, had my thumb hacked off). When I lost my thumb, I had to learn to shoot my handguns left handed. In doing so I developed a stance and grip that works well for me. The grip angle of the glock is foreign enough that I just have a hard time adjusting. It is to the point its just not even comfortable. I think I am aslo trying to adjust my grip on the gun to make up for the change in angle which I think elevates the problem. I really hate this too as I have been gearing in both mags and goodys only to not like shooting the gun. GRRRR

I am trying, I really am!
CH
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#17]
The grip angle is one of the reasons I switched to XD's. I never could get used to it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up a Glock 20 and 22 C last week and it came with non LEO marked hi caps too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top