Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 5:13:16 AM EDT
I was wondering if it was possible to get a Glock 18 after going through theproper paperwork and back ground check?  

anybody have or ever shot one?

brian
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot one a few months back.
The "Grin Factor "is a +10
Sorry can't help with the rest but I don't see why not.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No because I don't believe there were any here before the 1986 law.  In LE/Gov't circles you could get one, or as a NFA FFL as a sample but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
LE/Gov. restricted. they came in after '86.   If an FFL has one, it's a dealer sample. They are a blast though. I smile just thinking about the one i have access to.

J
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]
According to the Glock rep. I talked to, 18's are restricted sales to LE/Govt only.  And he specified that that does not mean someone with dept. letterhead.  Glock will only sell an 18 to the department itself, not to individual members of the department.

I don't know of many dept. that are going to "gift" an 18 to someone upon retirement!

Dave
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I yearn for an 18.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a glock 17 ported barrel of course.
Get some of those 31 glock mags.
pull the trigger really fast!
Vualla! There is your Glock 18

maybe it is possible to bump a glock 17
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, there are a few converted Glock 17 registered receiver full autos that are transferable (they were converted before the 1986 cutoff).  They are extremely rare, and I have not seen any for sale in quite a while.  I would expect prices in the $20K plus range - transferable machine pistols are very expensive.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Actually, there are a few converted Glock 17 registered receiver full autos that are transferable (they were converted before the 1986 cutoff).  They are extremely rare, and I have not seen any for sale in quite a while.  I would expect prices in the $20K plus range - transferable machine pistols are very expensive.

The way Class 3 has been going this year, 20k would probably be a low price for something that rare...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I wonder how much money I could get for the body parts that I "don't really" need.
You know......maybe my kidney, a lung....hmmm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have shot one.  Personally, I don't see the big deal.  They are hard to control, waste alot of ammo, and are not real practical for anything.  But, maybe that's not the point.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have shot one.  Personally, I don't see the big deal.  They are hard to control (but not impossible), waste alot of ammo (don't we all?), and are not real practical for anything (Neither are fake boobs, but we still like to play with them. ).  But, maybe that's not the point. (Exactly!)

See edits in blue.

Many, many things that are over-the-top cool have no practical value.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have shot one.  Personally, I don't see the big deal.  They are hard to control, waste alot of ammo, and are not real practical for anything.  But, maybe that's not the point.  

Not real practical for anything? You can clear a room will eay with one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top