Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 7:07:05 PM EDT
I know everyone has differing opinions on which brand of night sights, but...

Say I already had my mind made up to replace only the factory front sight with a night sight for an EDC glock, then what sight would the hive suggest?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Ameriglo GL-212-OR. It is the front sight that comes with the Hackathorn set (which is what I have) and it is insanely easy to pick up.  I reccomend getting their complete Hackathorn set with the plain serrated rear though. I thought I would miss the bucket, but I don't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the Ameriglo website under pistol sights and click the faq.  that will help your decision if you want to go with that company.  I like them because they offer a lot of nice options.

ETA:  I don't own any yet, I'm just saying I like the options.  My plan is the get the Operators.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Trijicons.  What can I say?  I'm boring, but they work for me.  They are on all my carry Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ameriglo GL-212-OR. It is the front sight that comes with the Hackathorn set (which is what I have) and it is insanely easy to pick up.  I reccomend getting their complete Hackathorn set with the plain serrated rear though. I thought I would miss the bucket, but I don't.

+1. I have the GL-212-OR and it is a great sight. Very easy to focus on in bright light conditions to pitch black. If you are looking for a super bargain then I'd recommend getting the GL-212-OR + GC-65R-180 for a combined price of $54. Add the GSSF discount and you get an additional 20% off! Can't lose.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just installed orange Hacks on my 21 they are the SHIZZNIT
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have trijicons on a G27, Ameriglo's on a SW99 and factory glock nights sights on a G20. I really like the yellow on green option and the price of the  ameriglo standard.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at the new Trijicon HDs that came out.  I don't have them but I'm going to pick a set up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies.  I just ordered the Ameriglo.  For the price I can't complain if it isn't exactly what I hoped for.  Besides, it has to be better than the plastic stocker.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been happy with the Warren Tactical 2 dot tritium's. For me, it's easier to focus on the front sight vs trying to line up the 3 dots.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Tru-Glo TFO's on my G23 and I'm very pleased with them. But I will also give a nod to the Ameriglo's. The Pro Operator's seem solid as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
i have TFOs on my 19 (CCW) but i have Glock's factory night sight option on all of my other Glocks. for the money, the factory night sights are hard to beat. i really like them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm kind of in the same boat I like the Glock standard REAR site during the daytime. I'm thinking of painting the white U notch under my Meprolight night sites when I get them for daytime use.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i have TFOs on my 19 (CCW) but i have Glock's factory night sight option on all of my other Glocks. for the money, the factory night sights are hard to beat. i really like them.

I've got the factory night sights on my 19 and I like them better than the Trijicons I have on my HK USP 45.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had Trijicons, Meprolights and Glock factory night sights. They all do what they do. I've never had a problem with any of them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've had Trijicons, Meprolights and Glock factory night sights. They all do what they do. I've never had a problem with any of them.

That's the opinion I figured I'd come to on my own had I bought them all, but not one I expected to read here.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top