Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 6:42:51 PM EDT
I was at my favorite shop today and came upon what i think is a deal for a G35. i have a G22 and i can shoot it very well but I've been thinking lately that i want a long slide Glock.

any way this Glock was an LE model. Ported slide, 3 mags and plastic sights, extended mag release, 5lb. trigger. now the thing is it comes in one of the old Tupperware boxes and they said it was sent to glock for a new frame, so it has the Gen 3.5 Frame. I took it down and looked at the slide and found no peening or marks on the rails, and a healthy dose of factory grease in the slide. I'm not sure if it's a totally new gun or it's just never been fired.

now here's the price. $485.70

so is this a good deal or no?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has been back to Glock then make sure the serial numbers match on the frame, barrel and upper.  Some of the earlier gen 3 guns came in tupperware so that may be the original configuration.  It could have been an "E" series serial number gun that had no damage but was sent back for a frame recall and then never sold.  In that case the frame serial number will match but have a "1" added to it.  That is considered a matching frame.

$485 is a good price for a LNIB gun.
$485 is not a good price for a rebuilt frankengun with a mismatched serial numbered frame.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

so it has the Gen 3.5 Frame.

What? RTF2?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
so it has the Gen 3.5 Frame.

What? RTF2?

sorry. Gen 3. my G22 has the RTF-2

i didn't check the serial numbers to see if they all matched. i don't see how that affects how the gun shoots. just wondering if it's a good deal is all. it''s not like Bubba gunsmith put the gun together from parts. it's from the factory.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say yes, as the longslides are well into the mid $600, low $700 range new in most places.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top