Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:14:00 PM EDT
A couple recent threads got me a bit concerned about potential frame battering on my Glocks, especially my .40 and 10mm.  Does anyone have any pics of the inside of their frame?  I'm mostly just wondering what is normal.  I shot my G20SF for the first time the other day.  I ran 50rds of factory Blazer through it, and it looks like it's already showing some signs of battering.  I plan on changing the recoil spring now, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if I kept shooting it as-is.  Here are some pics, I think the flash actually makes it looks a little worse...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly normal. There is a steel insert underneath the over molded polymer and sometimes the excess polymer flakes off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop worrying. I have 10k rounds out of my glock 23 over 10 years. Just go shoot..
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the stories of guys who've worn out a Glock pistol are all over the web.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
holly crap all of mine are already down to the steel insert ..........I bet someone would be more that happy to dispose of these junkers for me properly ....lol

like stated above , it's fine just go shoot it
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
holly crap all of mine are already down to the steel insert ..........I bet someone would be more that happy to dispose of these junkers for me properly ....lol

like stated above , it's fine just go shoot it

My OD 19 looks worse than that and it's only had a couple thousand rounds at most through it. Both steel inserts are fully exposed. My 1995 G17 looks like new. Go figure. Both are still 100% reliable.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
are you being paranoid... yeah, just a little - but it's understandable... just shoot the piss out of it and enjoy it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks normal to me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My 1995 G17 looks like new. Go figure.

That one doesn't have an insert therefore the over mold doesn't flake off and look worn.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies.  I figured it was normal, but wanted to be sure since it only has 50 rds through it.  My older (late 90's?) G19 has the steel inserts showing, yet it doesn't show any displacement or distortion of the plastic around the inserts like my newer Glocks do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top