Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2009 10:06:44 AM EDT
Do you carry when going to the DR office? I’m going in a bit been sick for the last two days and was wondering. I don’t believe it’s against the law here in MI unless going to a hospital.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

So Yes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Carried to the Dr's office last night when I went in for the flu vaccine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell yeah!
I have even gotten weighed with it on.. Always have to deduct that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry all the time. My doctor was a little surprised when she went to feel around on my side and my G21 was in the way. I also had to remove my handcuffs as well. She understood and commented about how she and her husband wanted to learn to shoot sometime. Told her to give me a call, I'd be happy to assist them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, every time. Otherwise your weight will fluctuate as noted above.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to the doc a few weeks ago. I thought about telling them I was carring after they weighed me so they would not think i was that fat. but I did'nt. I bet I have several pounds of stuff on my belt. 1911 and spare mags get heavy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes.
2 pistols, mags, knife and ASP.
You never know if some idiot drags in a live zombie.
Take all of that shit off before weighing in, general exam
or.....prostate examination. <––––––
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
i carry everywhere....
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
When I did IT work for a hospital that had numerous clinics in the surrounding communities (~20) I frequently traveled between then with a car loaded with computers, switches, phone eq, etc... While I couldn't carry in the hospital, I started carrying the second I hit the car. (For some reason our departments policy manual didn't have a weapons provision... can't imagine how that happened :) )

As far visits to my doctor, lets just say I am know I am not the only one in the exam room thats packing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You never know if some idiot drags in a live zombie.

Live zombies don't bother me, its the not living/undead variety that bother me
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
yes
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I nearly carried mine into an MRI.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a doctor, and I carry in my office.

Carrying my S&W 442 right now!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I nearly carried mine into an MRI.

There is an article online somewhere about an officer that took his 1911 into an MRI and it went off! It was pulled to the machine and the series 80 safety was pulled out of the way due to the magnetic pull if I remember correctly. I don't remember if he had a spare set of undies with him or not...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:37:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I lock mine in the car when I go to the doctor or dentist. I may be given some pain killer or other drug that influences my judgment or my physical ability to react to a situation. If I were assaulted while I was in an impaired condition, I'd rather not supply my attacker with a gun.

I just treat the doctor's office the same as if I were going to be drinking.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, but carefully. From now on I will carry in my Maxpedition Versipack if it’s a new doctor. I went to the doctor a year or so ago about my results on some life insurance paperwork. He was a new doctor who replaced the one I had gone to for years that knew I was a gun guy.

Since I thought he might be doing some heartbeat stuff, etc. I just carried my 642 in my Renegade ankle rig. Out of nowhere he goes “Are you having any other problems, tenderness, swelling in joints, etc?” I’m in my 20s, it’s not like I’m even middle aged. He squeezes my knees, then reaches down and grabs my gun and holster with both hands. I about shit. He looks at me with this puzzled look and goes “what is that?” I smiled and politely said not to worry about it and after a few awkward moments, we continued on with the routine. I’ve seen him a couple times since and he hasn’t run and hid in the bushes or anything, so I guess he got over it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, but carefully. From now on I will carry in my Maxpedition Versipack if it’s a new doctor. I went to the doctor a year or so ago about my results on some life insurance paperwork. He was a new doctor who replaced the one I had gone to for years that knew I was a gun guy.

Since I thought he might be doing some heartbeat stuff, etc. I just carried my 642 in my Renegade ankle rig. Out of nowhere he goes “Are you having any other problems, tenderness, swelling in joints, etc?” I’m in my 20s, it’s not like I’m even middle aged. He squeezes my knees, then reaches down and grabs my gun and holster with both hands. I about shit. He looks at me with this puzzled look and goes “what is that?” I smiled and politely said not to worry about it and after a few awkward moments, we continued on with the routine. I’ve seen him a couple times since and he hasn’t run and hid in the bushes or anything, so I guess he got over it.

Even in a young, healthy person, it's common that I would check for pulses or swelling in ankles. If faced with this situation, I would say, "Dr. I have a permit for a concealed weapon and have one on my ankle". If they have a problem with it, find another doctor. Or, the Versipack is a great idea.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#19]
i do, unless they have signs probiting legal carry.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hell yeah!
I have even gotten weighed with it on.. Always have to deduct that.

Took it off to get weighed. Surprised the doc. He asked if I was a cop. I told him no, just a permit. He was just amused.
Didn't know my P7 rig weighed that much.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup, I carry while at my Doctor.  He flies, hunts, don't think it would matter to him if he discovers it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#22]
December26,1999: cut the shit out of my knuckle at work. Bandaged up and finished my shift. Headed over to the ER. Met by an ER attendant I have since referred to as "the Butcher". He spent way too long poking around in my finger looking for damage before he offered me a local. Then he poked around until it wore off and still couldnt figure out whether the tendon was severed. He finally stitched it up and insisted I needed a tetanus shot. I tried to get him to give it to me in the arm, but the Butcher swore it had to be in the butt. I tried to soften the blow but his eyes got huge when I removed the concealed Glock 30. We had a great conversation about where guns can and cannot be carried. And he was much nicer to me after that.
 My family practitioner before I left home for Vegas is a Naval Flight surgeon with a Bronze Star from OIF. No worries about guns in his office.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes  

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#24]
hey, make sure that old safety is on when you get the fickle finger of fate!!!

billy boy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top