Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2008 11:26:55 AM EDT
I need suggestions for either a CZ or a Glock, here are my requirements.

1.) price range <600$
2.) I'm 5'9" 160 lbs, Athletic to slight frame
3.) Small hands
4.) Nightstand defense and ccw
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Small hands, get the Glock.  The CZ is pretty big.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock 19
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Small hands, get the Glock.  The CZ is pretty big.

CZ P-01 is smaller in the grip.  I have one, I like it quite a bit.
That being said, I carry a Glock.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Owning both a 75b and all sorts of Glocks, I think the G19 would be your best bet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry an p01 and I have small hands too, it works very well. I have glocks too, but I think they are boring.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Give the G19, G26, and G36 a try.

I don't know much about different CZ sizes, but I like my CZ75.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
IMO, the P-01 is just a copy of a Glock.  Might as well get the real deal!!!

The CZ-75 is a fine choice, but much bigger.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
IMO, the P-01 is just a copy of a Glock.  Might as well get the real deal!!!

The CZ-75 is a fine choice, but much bigger.

I'm not seeing how the P-01 is a copy of a Glock.

Aluminum frame, external hammer, de-cocker vs. polymer frame, striker fired.

Link Posted: 1/7/2008 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
cz p-01..
enough said..great gun, great accuracy, extremely reliable.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
cz p-01..
enough said..great gun, great accuracy, extremely reliable.

Enough said, because we all know the Glock 19 is such a worthless POS!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

world.guns.ru/handguns/glock19.jpg

Sorry, I was thinking of another CZ model that was DAO.

ETA:  
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

world.guns.ru/handguns/glock19.jpg

Sorry, I was thinking of another CZ model that was DAO.

I always knew you were FOS
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#13]
G19 is perfect for your application.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 4:09:19 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks to everyone for their assistance, I'll be going gun shopping with a buddy of mine and will look at the three glocks recommended

*EDIT* Any other options besides glock and cz that would be good for what I want?  (buddy suggested I look at the Springfield XD as well)
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Glock (19), hands down

while they are both reliable out of the box (relatively), are great values for what they offer, and depending on each individual, user friendly, glocks imo hold the edge for several other reasons, including:

--way eaiser to find very cheap/affordable parts, mags, holsters, and accessories
--great CS and backing by glock
--longer, better lasting (parts replacement wise)
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome, thanks to everyone for their assistance, I'll be going gun shopping with a buddy of mine and will look at the three glocks recommended

*EDIT* Any other options besides glock and cz that would be good for what I want?  (buddy suggested I look at the Springfield XD as well)

Doesn't hurt to look at all your options. XDs fit better than a Glock does to some people, myself included.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Unless, of course, the Glock grip frame doesn't fit your hands well.  It isn't the most ergonomic of grips.  Main reason why the Springfield XD sells so well.  I happen to have both a Glock and a P-01.  I have found the P-01 to be far more accurate out of the box, but there are definitely fewer choices for aftermarket holsters and mags.  But, I've also had poor reliability from non-Glock mags so I don't buy the cheaper alternatives...

Please explain your statement about --longer, better lasting (parts replacement wise).  Are you saying that the original parts wear out quicker on a Glock but that they are easier to replace?

Link Posted: 1/8/2008 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may want to check out the S&W M&P as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#20]
What about the CZ Rami. It's one I have been looking at
I like the single/double action looks to be a very nice sub-compact
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Alright, got out yesterday to check out how various models feel in my hands:

CZ P-01:
The grip felt great in my hand and the sa/da felt nice.  Trigger pull felt good as well.  This is front runner based on the feel/weighting of the gun

Glock 19/Springfield XD:
Grip is second best, maybe it's just me but I didn't like how tight the slides were, dunno if that is a big deal or not with handguns.  I do like the safety design of the trigger/internal safeties but I haven't really had a chance to fire any of them so I don't know how "mushy" the triggers are.

S&W M&P:
Haven't had a chance to feel a M&P 9mm in my hands so i can't make a judgement on it yet.

CZ RAMI:
As with all compacts, I don't like having my pinky under the grip.  I've been told this won't matter much with 9mm's anyways because of the smaller casing.  This has the best feel of the compacts I tried.  Maybe compacts will grow on me

S&W M&P compact:
Same story with CZ except that the grip didn't fit my hand quite as nicely, liked the way it looked better, better balance than the CZ.

Glock 26/springfield xd compact:
These were my least favorite of the compacts.  Just don't feel good at all in my hand.

Link Posted: 1/9/2008 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
Just FYI, don't judge a pistol's balance until you've handled it loaded.

Wasn't planning on it, between various friends I believe I have access to one of each model that I can shoot at a range (which I plan on doing before making a decision)

Current plan is to scratch the compact as too small (apparently my hands aren't as small as I thought they were) and try each larger model on the range to see how they feel loaded, and to see how I like shooting each one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 4:11:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Try out a Sig P228/229 and the HK P2000.  They are great guns and have excellent ergonomics.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#25]
i don't own any glocks. i want one, i just don't like them. i appreciate them for being tough , reliable, etc.  i do have a cz p01. i love  how it feels in my hand. seems to be very accurate. has been 100%  reliable so far. the p01 is sexier!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#26]
If you're going to carry it, and not play with the internals, and you're stuck choosing between the Glock and the XD, I would take the Glock for the better trigger *gasp*.  The XD has a VERY long mushy takeup, even worse than the Glock, and without that nice crisp reset the Glock has.

That said, I got a chance to handle an XD that had been worked, and the difference was stunning.  The reset still wasn't as pronounced as a Glock, but the first trigger was MUCH better than a stock XD, and slightly better than a stock Glock.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top