Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 8:15:56 PM EDT
Dear Sirs:
I am traveling to Las Vegas for the 4th of July weekend and am looking for a facility where I can take a CCW course. I was planning on attending classes at Front Site but scheduling is not permissive at this time. Would any of you readers have a facility you'd recommend?

Many thanks and best regards,
Ed
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Ed,

You can try American Shooters Supply. That is where my wife and I went. You could call them up and see if they are giving a CCW course the weekend you will be in the area. The phone number is 702-362-1223. Good Luck
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd try The Gun Store on East Tropicana...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=170544

Also i'd post this qestion in the Nevada section for a lot more responses.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=22
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys,
Thanks for all your help and links! I finalized with the Gun Store just east of the MGM. They can give me a class for Nevada, Utah and Florida CCWs for under $100.
Thanks again,
Ed
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Say hello to "cowboy" in there at The Gunstore. You'll know who he is.
I hate that SOB.
While I was suffering thru a manditory course I had to take, he gave me one hell of an additude. From that point, I made it a goal to "help" their customers save some coin by going to X, Y & Z for the same quality or better.
I think Bob Eaton teaches the class there. He's a fairly good teacher with some real life experience. Not gunshop commando style experience.
Ask them nicely to put weights on the bottom of your target so the muzzle blast doesn't blow it up and flop it around during your alloted time. The lighting in there sucks too, so you wont really abeable to see the holes in the target you're hitting. Bring your own clear eye protection, theirs are covered in finger prints and smudges. They're your basic 50 cent safety glasses.
Look around at the walls for most of the answers on the test if you get stumped on those SAT questions. (yeah right)

Do I have anything nice to say Mr. Negetive?
Sure, they've got a decent selection of handguns and moderate prices. Lots of women roll thru there. Their AC works good too.
There 'help' are anything but, and are your typical gunstore commandos.
I don't think Eaton is affiliated with them, I think he just uses their room and their range.
Careful with their ammo, I think they are reloads. Two people with me experienced dud rounds during qualification.
Just my experience.
-Steve
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't let the Gun Store fool you, Utah honors ALL out of state carry permits.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I just ran across this post and it's probably too late to matter in this case. If I were going to train in LV I'd look up Steve Krystek at PFC Training. He has worked with and trained SWAT teams for police, military and DOE. I've shot with him before and he's a stand up guy.

www.pfctraining.com/index.html

Chris
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I just got back tonight. I took the class at The Gun Store and then spent 4 hours driving around and submiting all the paperwork.
All in all a good experience.

Thanks to all who've posted!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top