Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:58:25 PM EDT
I live in Texas and on the packing.org website they have a map that shows which states honor, do not honor and have reciprocity with the texas carry permit.
Click here for map
What is the difference between honoring my permit and giving me reciprocity???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding of this is that if the other state honors your states permit, then it's a "one way" trust, whereas reciprocity indicates that your state trusts the other states permit as well, thus a "2-way trust".  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I live in Texas and on the packing.org website they have a map that shows which states honor, do not honor and have reciprocity with the texas carry permit.
Click here for map

That map is out of date and I've heard rumors that packing.org hasn't been updated in about 6 months.

Here's an up to date map........Current Reciprocity Map

And here's the best accumulation of info and links that I've been able to manage........Texas CHL Links & Info

Scroll down the page to "CHL Links".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top