Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
I'm looking at these two for my fullsize Kimber TLE/RL (the one with rails). I'm pretty skinny at 6'2' and 165 pounds. I'm in college right now and pretty poor, so the less expensive watch six looks pretty appealing, plus it's thinner. Anyone have experience with both?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the W6 because of it being thin and myself being a skinny guy.  I can conceal my G19 ivery well with just a t shirt and shorts.  A lot of people will harp on the W6 because it doesn't have the reinforced mouth but after a year and a half of everyday carry I have never had the mouth close up on me.  I like the W6 but you can't go wrong with either holster.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I've tried both.

If you don't mind the two handed reholstering the WS is an extremely comfie holster.  I have to give the edge to the VM-II though.  Overall, it's the best holster I've ever found.  I'm pleasantly surprised with my WS but I still have an additional VM-II on order to replace it...though I suspect I'll find myself using both, depending on the situation.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I've tried both.

If you don't mind the two handed reholstering the WS is an extremely comfie holster.  I have to give the edge to the VM-II though.  Overall, it's the best holster I've ever found.  I'm pleasantly surprised with my WS but I still have an additional VM-II on order to replace it...though I suspect I'll find myself using both, depending on the situation.

+1 on get both!  I prefer the VMII, but my W6 does see the waistband every now and then.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
If it is difficult for you to conceal the weapon, I would go with the WS. One handed reholstering is nice, but VM-II is quite a bit thicker. I have gone to kydex exclusively for IWB carry. Much thinner than leather with the added bonus of quick, easy one handed reholstering. The Threat Solutions UCR only adds about 3mm to the thickness of my weapon.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I stated in my previous post I have the Watch 6 and prefer it because of it not having a reinforced mouth.  I don't know if I just got lucky with my holster but I have zero problems reholstering with one hand.  The mouth doesn't close all that much when my G19 in unholstered.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]
VM2.  It's only $30 more.  I doubt the extra thickness will make much difference for people to determine whether you are carrying.  I carry a sig 229 in mine w/ just an untucked T-shirt and have never been "made" as far as I know.  The printing I notice on me is the grip, the top of the frame and the hammer.  I don't think the mouth of the holster matters at all.  

Just for fun, here's me carrying in my back yard with an OWB Uncle Mike's.  Just a wee bit of printing...I had my daughter in a front carrier, so when I zipped up the jacket to keep her warm, it pulled the jacket a bit tight.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Like I stated in my previous post I have the Watch 6 and prefer it because of it not having a reinforced mouth.  I don't know if I just got lucky with my holster but I have zero problems reholstering with one hand.  The mouth doesn't close all that much when my G19 in unholstered.

Most of the time, I can one-handed reholster the thing.  I bet under stress in a shoot scenario I'd need both.

Do you shoot IDPA or do any range drills with that holster?  I think mine would be in pristine shape too, except that it's spent a fair amount of time on my belt without a firearm in it due to IDPA and range drills.  If yours has managed to withstand that type of abuse, I'm a little bit jealous.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a watch six for my 1911.  It's not too bad yet for reholstering (I've had it for six months more or less).  I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
VM2. Much easier to reholster
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, thanks for the info everyone. I'm leaning towards the VM2 because I do a lot of drills at the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top