Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 6:17:17 AM EDT
How would you carry a fullsize 1911 with your shirt tucked into your pants? Is IWB a non tuck exclusive method of carrying?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't carried a 1911 personally, but have carried a G19 with my shirt tucked in a couple times.  Not what I usually carry, but I've done it.

Put a sport coat on.  I have to have my dress shirt tucked in when I'm working (not tucking it in looks quite sloppy ya know ) so I put on a suit coat over it when I carry.  I don't use IWB holsters though.  OWB almost always.  You might put a sweater on, or a windbreaker.  Umm, I don't know if this is possible, but you might try finding a holster that will go comfortably and snug enough into a cargo pocket?  I've only done that with my P9, though.  There's a pack type thing with a holster that you might consider carrying it in.  The link for it is floating around the forum somewhere.  You could also wear a "I have a gun" fanny pack.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How would you carry a fullsize 1911 with your shirt tucked into your pants? Is IWB a non tuck exclusive method of carrying?

It wouldn't be easy without a jacket.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If I am casual, a sweatshirt.
Corporate casual....a sweater.
Business attire....sport jacket.

Summertime....think of something not tucked in and carry IWB.
I buddy of mine has to wear a polo style t shirt for work, tucked in...so he carrys his secondary CCW, a snubby S&W38 in an ankle rig in loose pants.

A vest can be a warm weather option, but I am thinking Florida summers are a bit more than just warm
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
A VMII with the tuckable clips, and a slight change in your wardrobe, i.e. slightly larger pants and shirts.  Or for a little less money, a Galco SkyOps holster, but you can only use a 1 1/4" belt with it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw that model with the tuckable clips, I wondered how effective it was. I'll be going to Indiana to train some employees, and I received my non-resident permit in the mail.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I do it all the time.  Dress shirt tucked in without a jacket.  I use a Galco SkyOps IWB holster and a Galco belt.  The belt is very important, since with dress pants you usually wear a 1 1/4" belt.  It gives the proper support to the firearm to keep you comfortable.  I have worn this combo for up to 16 hours straight through sitting, standing, walking moderate distances (casually), and even dancing with my wife.  It was comfortable the entire time.

Brian

ETA:  I carry a Kimber Stainless II
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I do it all the time.  Dress shirt tucked in without a jacket.  I use a Galco SkyOps IWB holster and a Galco belt.  The belt is very important, since with dress pants you usually wear a 1 1/4" belt.  It gives the proper support to the firearm to keep you comfortable.  I have worn this combo for up to 16 hours straight through sitting, standing, walking moderate distances (casually), and even dancing with my wife.  It was comfortable the entire time.

Brian

How do you keep it hidden carrying like that?  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I always wear a light coat, except during the hottest days of summer. I keep my fobus shoulder rig for my G22 and double mag pouch handy
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

I was going to explain this, but I'll just charge the camera and post some pics instead.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe ThunderWear/SmartCarry?

I would definitely consider using an Officer size 1911 for that though. Like a Kimber Compact or equiv.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

I was going to explain this, but I'll just charge the camera and post some pics instead.

The tucking job isn't the best since I did it in a rush, but you get the picture.
As Promised:

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#14]
IWB holster, strong side. button down shirt. Gotta have on jeans or jeanshorts if you arent gonna be wearing a belt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

The tucking job isn't the best since I did it in a rush, but you get the picture.
As Promised:
members.cox.net/blarose1/Concealed_Front.JPG
members.cox.net/blarose1/Concealed_Side.JPG
members.cox.net/blarose1/Concealed_Arms_Up.JPG

You watch E!?  That's it, 1 year suspension on man-card, and your choice in holsters is rendered invalid.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

As Promised:
members.cox.net/blarose1/Concealed_Front.JPG
members.cox.net/blarose1/Concealed_Side.JPG
members.cox.net/blarose1/Concealed_Arms_Up.JPG

You watch E!?  That's it, 1 year suspension on man-card, and your choice in holsters is rendered invalid.

My wife was watching E!  I was just listening to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top