Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:34:10 PM EDT
I can't decide
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Single or Double Stack Magazine? I find that a Single Stack Mag works great IWB for me, But Double Stack is too much. I use a Rosen SOS for a mag and a 6P with my Glock or my 1911. If I feel I want another mag, I have a single OWB carrier for each one to go beside the SOS. Or you can take an IWB carrier and place it under the belt, but not inside the waistband. I assume you're carrying your holster IWB. If you are, get your pants one size too large or loose fit cut. Hope this helps you decide.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm carrying a 1911 in a MS VMII and I usually keep a flash light in my back pocket or front pocket.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OWB

more comfortable?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
doesn't it really depend on your current concealment method for your carry gun as well?

I mean, if you are wearing IWB, and have on say a long shirt, vest, or light jacket hanging over the gun... you can wear a OWN mag pouch and no one would notice.... hell, under that kind of wear and a small gun, your gun could be OWB as well.

BUT, if you are IWB and wearing a tucked shirt, so that your waist line and belt are showung.... a OWB mag pouch would look a bit out of place.

I think it's one of those things where you have a couple of each (get both! so that you have ther versatility.

I am looking at having a IWB tuckable pouch made for me this month, when I get it (and the holster) I'll post pics.  Reason I am looking for this is I wear a untucked shirt or a vest most times with my current IWB setup...but I want the OPTION to say go somewhere where being "untucked" would look sloppy, and not have to wear the vest....or if wearing a vest and/or jacket... have the option to remove without giving away my concealment.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Owbi Won Kenobi
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd go with the Mitch Rosen SOS or the SOS Express. It's OWB and you'll beable to carry your mag and light together, rather than putting the light in a pocket. I have them for both my Glock 22 and my 1911. I've worn the Glock 22 one everyday for 10 years and it still looks new. I thread it on my belt and it stays there. You'll be surprised how many times you use the flashlight when you have it with you all the time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I carry my 1911 IWB in a VMII.  I carry my spare mags OWB in a DeSantis.  I have 3 compelling reasons for this:

1.  As our esteemed mod SGB has stated, it's MUCH more comfortable.

2.  the mag carrier doesn't ride much lower than the bottom of the belt--which has to stay under cover so the holster doesn't show--so it's still well concealed.

3.  I'm getting older, and somewhat fatter.  I already have to buy my pants about 2 inches bigger than I normally wear to comfortably accomodate the IWB holster......I don't want to add another inch to the already depressingly large number on my waistband.  (and on the rare occasions I'm not carrying, it would look pretty ridiculous for a middle aged guy to be running around with Gangsta Droopy Drawers)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
usually IWB for my holster and owb for my mag pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top