Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:17:22 PM EDT
After years of consideration I have decided to ask permision for a right, that I have by mearly breathing. Have I caved?  I have avoided getting a permit because I have felt you should not ask permision for a right. I have purchased firearms through dealers so I am to say already marked. But have I caved by taking this A step more? I have not applied yet but have taken my class and scored perfect written and shooting(TN). I will be applying very soon, and we are a shall issue state. For one I strongly opose this because it is a tax on a specific group of law abiding citizens because they value their life, and because I feel it violates the constitution. I know it adds one more number to the list the anti's know they must fight, but what I have I given up by asking permision? Am I week because I have accepted this? I in part view this as a line in the sand, I shall ask for no more permission, and if this list lead to confiscation........?Have in your minds i done the right thing? My decision did not come easy(read several years), but what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You can always continue being an unarmed sheep. I think you chose correctly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you have caved, but a long time ago.  

Property taxes, income taxes. driver's licenses, etc...

I do not know if a CCW makes us less of a sheep, but it sure keeps us from becoming food for the wolves out there.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had my CCW permit over 10 years now and the ATF hasn't bothered me at all.  I guess I've been one of the lucky ones.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After years of consideration I have decided to ask permision for a right, that I have by mearly breathing. Have I caved?  I have avoided getting a permit because I have felt you should not ask permision for a right. I have purchased firearms through dealers so I am to say already marked. But have I caved by taking this A step more? I have not applied yet but have taken my class and scored perfect written and shooting(TN). I will be applying very soon, and we are a shall issue state. For one I strongly opose this because it is a tax on a specific group of law abiding citizens because they value their life, and because I feel it violates the constitution. I know it adds one more number to the list the anti's know they must fight, but what I have I given up by asking permision? Am I week because I have accepted this? I in part view this as a line in the sand, I shall ask for no more permission, and if this list lead to confiscation........?Have in your minds i done the right thing? My decision did not come easy(read several years), but what are your thoughts?

Well you can fight the power by carrying without a permit. When you get caught and arrested make sure to use the above speech during your trial. The world has changed and is changing daily, our rights have been assailed for years and will continue to be assailed. We have no choice but to fight as well as we can within the bounds of the laws we feel are just. If you feel so strongly about your right to keep and bear arms. Sue the state government for requiring  a permit to be owned to carry a concealed weapon.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Use the political process to urge your representatives, and others to urge their representatives, to change the laws to your liking, or else vote in somebody who will.   That's what America is supposed to be about.

Otherwise, majority and apathy rules.  The reason why we lost rights, is because we let it happen.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
No caving detected. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Consider it an administrative formality, analogous to a marriage license. Is your love for your wife tainted because you had to shell out a few bucks and complete some paper work for a marriage license?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Constitutionlvr, I agree with the principles of your post, and applaud your thinking. I'd lile to add though, that in obtaining the permit to excersise a right you already posess, you thereby take steps to prevent those who have an unjust power over your life from taking even more rights and indeed your very freedom from you (unjust as it would be).

Take their stupid piece of paper, and continue to campaign and profess for the liberties we were given not by our own public servants (who seem to think they are royalty), but by divine providence.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Mad Mex - I like your thinking - I'm gonna have to use that line
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
No you havn't caved. By getting your CCW you are adding to the growing list of law abiding armed citizens. Politicians know that CCW holders are also regestered voters. The shear number of CCW holders alone is a powerful lobby.

The more CCW's issued, the more the politicians will listen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Is TN an open carry state?  If so, and since you morally object to having to pay a fee for a permit, just open carry.  I'm sure that's how the founding fathers did it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
You can open carry in TN but you still have to have a permit. I guess looking at it like the marriage license is a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top