Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 7:49:26 PM EDT
I was sitting here looking through the survival forum reading a thread on what people take in their  "urban travel by flight" survival bags and it was mundane things like bandaids, cell phone, redundant ID etc etc.  Usually all this stuff would fit in a fanny pack aka fag bag.  We all know that this is an option for CCW.  Then I got to thinking (yea I know two thoughts in a row, its dangerous) of how a lot of tactical holsters are on the thighs.

So....

Do you think a small pounch type bag suspended from your belt on your side would be good for CCW.  Something that isnt on your waist but hangs lower.  Make it adjustable so if you want to wear it low you can put a thigh loop through it, if not raise it a bit so its on your upper thigh.  Kinda like a SAW ammo pouch or a gas mask bag but not in tactical colors.

Make it match your belt or shoes or generic so you can pretend you look casual.  People have pouches for PDAs cell phones, leathermen tools all hanging off their belts.  Something the size of a large day planner hanging a bit lower I dont think would look out of place depending on the material it was made out of and your dress.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the teenagers to buy off on it first (some kind of video-game holder, IPOD/headphone pouch, etc) and then you'll see old ladies and guys trying to look hip joining in the craze. Then you can run around with your pea-shooter in there - everyone will think you're too poor to buy a corvette for your mid-life crisis so you're trying to look young this way.

Yeah, it'll work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the bulk. How big of a bag are we talking? Full size or sub-compact concealment?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't know about the bulk. How big of a bag fag are we talking? Full size or sub-compact concealment?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
i bet my maxpedition m1 i wear everyday could fit one of those REAL small pocket pistols. the M4 could hold my glock 27 i bet. ive been considering this for CCW since i already wear one of these on my side everyday anyway.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i bet my maxpedition m1 i wear everyday could fit one of those REAL small pocket pistols. the M4 could hold my glock 27 i bet. ive been considering this for CCW since i already wear one of these on my side everyday anyway.

I've been thinking the same thing for my G27.... I take it the M1 woulnd't fit it.... Do you think the M5 would?.... I don't like the side pouch's on the M4 although I guess  I could use one for a cell phone and the other for spray (this would be something I'd use while running/bikeing... spray would be for dogs)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
My Million Mom March fanny pack fits a S&W 642 very nicely.   The problem with Maxpedition stuff is that it looks too much like military pouches.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been thinking the same thing for my G27.... I take it the M1 woulnd't fit it.... Do you think the M5 would?.... I don't like the side pouch's on the M4 although I guess  I could use one for a cell phone and the other for spray (this would be something I'd use while running/bikeing... spray would be for dogs)

27 wont fit in an M1. it can hold 2 glock 15rnd mags and still ahve room left for a small phone though. and thats just in teh zipper pocket. a flashlight and multitool fit in the compression pocket well.

here is an older pic of some stuff that i put in one, everything but the wallet.

i dont own an m5 but based on the dimensions i think a 27 would fit. i plan on getting an m4 soon and try that carry method out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
It's odd that some peoeple refer to these as "fag bags"...most gays are way too stylish to don one of these.  I mostly see them on tourists, cops, and outdoorsy folk.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Any of the carry bags practically scream "concealed weapon."
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#11]
And anyone wearing an untucked shirt over an undershirt down here in FL screams "concealed weapon" to me.  So what?  You don't KNOW, and that is both the law and the uncertainty to criminals.  I keep looking for some bag that is open topped with some internal stiffening such that there is no "flashing" of the weapon, but does not need a zipper or other fastener.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]
No, no, really you wear two shirts in Florida or Texas when it's 100 degrees outside purely because you're allergic to that highly stylish synthetic material Hawaiian shirt you just had to sport around town, hence the need for an undershirt.  Everyne know you can't tuck in a Hawaiian shirt or those ubber cool Mexican wedding shirts...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I've always worn a tshirt under a top, unbuttoned shirt.  Goes back to the grunge in the 90's, I guess, but I do wear it to work occasionally.  Whether I'm packing or not.

But then, I'm not in FL either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's odd that some peoeple refer to these as "fag bags"...most gays are way too stylish to don one of these.  I mostly see them on tourists, cops, and outdoorsy folk.

I was thinking the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top