Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2017 11:01:59 AM EDT
Anyone make a good synthetic gun belt with an option for a stiffener?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to check out the ARES Gear Aegis Belt.

https://www.aresgear.com/

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

My Aegis Enhanced belt will be here tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They say 4 weeks or less, but how long did your order take?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got mine in 3.5 weeks but this was about 2 years ago.  Worth every minute of waiting trust me the Aegis is the best belt I have owned.  I have owned several belts over the years and they have all failed me either starting to sag or just break.  The wait is for a reason I suppose because they make that good of a belt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I got mine in 3.5 weeks but this was about 2 years ago.  Worth every minute of waiting trust me the Aegis is the best belt I have owned.  I have owned several belts over the years and they have all failed me either starting to sag or just break.  The wait is for a reason I suppose because they make that good of a belt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had my beltman bullhide for 5 or 6 years now. It's been solid, but it's definitely stretched a little and is sagging.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've had my beltman bullhide for 5 or 6 years now. It's been solid, but it's definitely stretched a little and is sagging.
View Quote

My second "carry" belt I purchased was a Beltman it sagged on me after about a 1.5 years that is the longest I have ever got a leather belt to last same with my Comp-tac kydex reinforced belt.  My Wilderness belt was ok but it gave up the ghost after about 2 years then I got this Ares Aegis and it is just as stiff as the day I got it but it has formed to my body shape.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Wilderness Tactical  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My x-concealment replaced my wilderness frequent flyer, hands down a better belt imo.
X-Concealment
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a blade tech that looks leather but is more of thick rubber.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been using a KORE essentials belt for last 2 months.. Love it.  The adjustabilty is awsome.  Works with Jeans or dress.  same buckle works on both brown and black belts.  Its made of 2 super thin layers of leather with a reinforcement between the two.  Paid $76.00 for all of it shipped.  

I carry Appendix..G19. In an eidolon.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Wilderness Tactical
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine was at my door 4 weeks to the day of me ordering.  By far the best belt I've owned.  I honestly don't notice carrying my firearm and spare mag anymore.  Very happy with my purchase!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine was at my door 4 weeks to the day of me ordering.  By far the best belt I've owned.  I honestly don't notice carrying my firearm and spare mag anymore.  Very happy with my purchase!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ordered one in ranger green with a melonited buckle yesterday
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Literally got my belt in the mail 5 minutes ago.

HOLY SHIT! this thing is awesome, it's stiff as all hell. I have trouble bending it right now to get the tail of the belt through a loop in my pants after it's passed through and locked into the buckle. My gun feels like it just floats on my hip.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Literally got my belt in the mail 5 minutes ago.

HOLY SHIT! this thing is awesome, it's stiff as all hell. I have trouble bending it right now to get the tail of the belt through a loop in my pants after it's passed through and locked into the buckle. My gun feels like it just floats on my hip.
View Quote

Do not bend it thread it through each loop before you pull up the slack.  It will slightly loosen up as your wear it.  I usually wear my pants 2-3 days before changing to fresh so I just leave it threaded through.  It really makes it easy to carry even a heavy pistol and spare mags.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Just curious, Just what did that belt cost?

PITA45
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

This. I've worn out a Wilderness and a CompTac with stiffener before getting a AREAS Ranger.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just curious, Just what did that belt cost?

PITA45
View Quote

$137.99 shipped from Ares. If you don't mind limited options then LaRue has some for $117
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

$137.99 shipped from Ares. If you don't mind limited options then LaRue has some for $117
View Quote

They also do 1st Responder Discounts if that applies to you.  Also, every now and then they will run a sale.  

It took me a while to decide to drop that much $$ on a belt, but since wearing it, I have NO regrets.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been using a Volund Gearworks belt with a Cobra buckle for a couple years now. I've got coyote brown as the outside lining color, with a black background. I'm wanting to get an all black one.

Any Ares belt users also used Volund belts, and is it really worth that much more for the belt? What's the big difference, pros, cons of both appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Boxer Tactical

Got mine on black friday. Usually leave this on my pants and my work pants get an SOE.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got my first belt from Blue Alpha Gear. Thing is plenty sturdy and easily adjustable. Really liking it so far. Their site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top