Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2013 5:54:38 AM EDT
Got a horsehide super tuck. Thing squeaks like crazy. Yea, I'm gonna put something on the back of the clips to make it stop squeaking. You would think for the price and the amount of time you have to wait on these "Custom" holsters that Crossbreed would have addressed this issue by now. Guess I'm just getting angry about how I keep buying stuff that needs to be fixed (or really rigged) right out of the box.

What are you doing to your Crossbreed to stop the squeak?
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got a horsehide super tuck. Thing squeaks like crazy. Yea, I'm gonna put something on the back of the clips to make it stop squeaking. You would think for the price and the amount of time you have to wait on these "Custom" holsters that Crossbreed would have addressed this issue by now. Guess I'm just getting angry about how I keep buying stuff that needs to be fixed (or really rigged) right out of the box.

View Quote

Just wear it a lot, they stop eventually.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, this.  Can't tell you how long it takes, but it will stop squeaking after wearing it consistently.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
needs more ass sweat
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

needs more ass sweat
View Quote
this

Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn..........just reminded me to place an order
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I used some aluminum tape behind the clips, it stopped almost all the squeaking!
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I stopped mine from squeaking by selling it and keeping my MTAC.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I sold mine after wearing it a few times.  Mostly the hype machine at work here.... kudos to them for good marketing but nothing special IMO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I put 3M self adhesive pads between the clips and the  leather backing  on my horsehide Super Tucks when new, and I treat them with Zymol or Lexol leather conditioner.

They don't squeak  with the pads and they are  by far the best, most comfortable, IWB holsters I've found in over 40 years of carrying a handgun every day.

My holsters get very heavy use  and I recently needed to have one of them repaired; the company replaced it under the lifetime guarantee in only a week door to door without any BS.

Try that with a Comp-Tac after a year and a day; they'll tell you to suck wind.

Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Haha. I forgot that my crossbreed used to squeak.  It used to drive me nuts. Not any more.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Instant fix for squeaks was stated above. Self adhesive felt pads placed on the back of the clips.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
mine squeaks but I am hoping it will go away after some wear and tear
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Is it just the horsehide ones that squeak?  My leather one doesn't.  I guess I'll find out when my horsehide one arrives (eventually)...
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 3:29:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it just the horsehide ones that squeak?  My leather one doesn't.  I guess I'll find out when my horsehide one arrives (eventually)...
View Quote

Any leather holster, by any maker, may squeak when new.

http://www.google.com/search?q=leather+holster+squeaking&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine never squeekd..... I love that thing.... I can wear it all day with no issues.... horse hide too...
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I applied leather honey to mine twice in about 4-5 months and I finally decided that 'hybrid' holsters aren't worth the trouble.  I've since switched to all kydex and LOVE them.  I still keep my crossbreeds JUST like carrying in a camelpak (so it isnt bouncing around while I run) or in book bags.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't remember if mine did or not but I love that holster. I also have an MTAC. I like the CB better. Both are good holsters but I like the CB more. Just wear it and break it in. Or do as advised above.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I have crossbreed & I have super tucks, love them both, very good holsters
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Still squeaks. Not just the clips. The G27 makes noise against the leather also. Hopefully it will stop some day. Leather squeak is a dead giveaway.

Is the most comfortable holster I've used tho.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Still squeaks. Not just the clips. The G27 makes noise against the leather also. Hopefully it will stop some day. Leather squeak is a dead giveaway If you're in a library at the NRA convention. NOBODY will know what that sound it unless you're weaing oakley boots, Multicam hats, 5.11 pants, and a "infidel" t-shirt.

Is the most comfortable holster I've used tho.
View Quote

My crossbreed still sqeaks ever now and then. Had it for just over 2 years
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Rub a very tiny amount of baby powder on the leather behind the clips, it'll stop the squeeking. Best soluton I've seen. The adhesive pads will eventually leave glue residue behind as they move around slightly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
My new horsehide one squeaks just a tiny bit.  Not enough to care about.  My shoes squeak more than the holster...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine is creaking abit yet but honestly if there's any kind of background noise you can't hear it. The only time I notice it is alone in a quiet room...then I just feel like an Old  West gunfighter and feel the urge to drink cheap whiskey, take a bath in a bucket and watch True Grit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Rub a very tiny amount of baby powder on the leather behind the clips, it'll stop the squeeking. Best soluton I've seen. The adhesive pads will eventually leave glue residue behind as they move around slightly.
View Quote

This works, my CB never squeaked however I bought a FoxX IXB for my XDs and it squeaked horribly until I used the baby powder. Both holsters were the horsehide.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, I think it's pretty random. I've had several Crossbreeds, as have my family members, and none of them squeaked. I switched to Concealment Solutions a few years ago and they all squeak. Baby powder worked every time. No difference in quality, and they where all cowhide. I actually thought for awhile it was whatever the clips where coated with, still a possibility I guess.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had the exact same issue with a Crossbreed and the leather stiffness was NOT the issue. I used saddle soap four times. After the saddle soap treatment the holster was so soft and malleable it is a joy and comfort to wear however it still squeaked.

The issue I found was the metal clips would rub the surface of the leather and that would cause the squeak. Luckily there is a $2 fix. I went to the local fabric store and found a sheet of black felt with one side that was sticky. I cut two pieces and taped them to the clips where they would rub the leather and the noise stopped instantly.

Give that a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top