Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 5:59:08 PM EDT
Although my wife has had her own gun for a while, we just went shopping for her a new conceal carry gun, and we spent a good bit of time trying out a lot of different guns until we settled on a PK380.  We chose it b/c of it's ease of operation and thin size.  Now I would like to find her a purse with a good place to carry it.  A lot of the purses flat out aren't appealing to her because they aren't very fashonable.  Only one line she has found thus far is, but I can't recall the website.  My main question is, what kinds of purses has anyone seen that are fashionable but yet allow for easy access to a firearm?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Galco, Coronado Leather..

.02   DO NOT under ANY circumstances, try to buy her a purse, without her picking it out, haha.

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a Vera Bradley purse she likes, to a good Taylor with a decent soft holster. Sew it in. My wife loves hers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Take a Vera Bradley purse she likes, to a good Taylor with a decent soft holster. Sew it in. My wife loves hers.

I'm opposed to Vera Bradley for the fact that I used to work for an airline, and those bags don't hold up under stress. Not that her .380 is heavy, but more worried about someone ripping it off her shoulder and taking off with her monies AND firearm.

Although I do like that idea with perhaps another type of bag.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Galco, Coronado Leather..

.02   DO NOT under ANY circumstances, try to buy her a purse, without her picking it out, haha.

Good luck

those are the styles she isn't a fan of. If D&G Prada or Luis Vuitton made a conceal carry bag, that's what she would have.

actually, this is one she *almost* loves, she just doesn't like that the top doesn't zip, it only buttons, but you get the idea of style

I guess I should mention that she's an Interior Designer, so average looking just doesn't cut it with her
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I really dislike the idea of a gun in a purse. Women tend to be a little too trusting about where they put them and how far they'll let them get out of their reach.  And while I'm not a rapist or mugger, I think if I was the first thing I'd try to do is take her purse away.  In case of the rapist to keep her from getting weapon or alarm device, and in case of a mugger because that's where her wallet and money is going to be.

On body carry is the only way to go.  If you can't talk her into that then at least get a purse with a solid strap that's long enough to go over her head...assuming that's in style of course.  And a nice gold chain with a neck knife hanging from it.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really dislike the idea of a gun in a purse. Women tend to be a little too trusting about where they put them and how far they'll let them get out of their reach.  And while I'm not a rapist or mugger, I think if I was the first thing I'd try to do is take her purse away.  In case of the rapist to keep her from getting weapon or alarm device, and in case of a mugger because that's where her wallet and money is going to be.

On body carry is the only way to go.  If you can't talk her into that then at least get a purse with a solid strap that's long enough to go over her head...assuming that's in style of course.  And a nice gold chain with a neck knife hanging from it.

Women's clothing isn't very conducive for CC.  I know my wife often wears pants without pockets or even a belt, so finding a good place to keep it on her would be far more difficult
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women's clothing isn't very conducive for CC.  I know my wife often wears pants without pockets or even a belt, so finding a good place to keep it on her would be far more difficult

Two things:
1) I am trying to get my wife to carry and I am in the same boat as you with the purse thing.  If it was a LV or Chanel I would be gtg but most of the stuff out there is pretty ugly.  If I eventually win her over I am sure that we will be having something sewn in to the purses that she carries anyway.  My other solution was going to be to fit a kydex box into the purse that a holster could be mounted to.  I think they call the purse style she likes 'bucket' so it would be pretty easy either way.

2) My preference would be that she carried it on her person and there is a good youtube channel that I found one day to show you what is possible for a woman.  It is a woman who reviews a lot of different holsters for a lot of different guns.  She seems to be pretty young and wears normal fashionable clothes for the most part so it is pretty impressive what she conceals.  I didn't save it but I am sure if you search female conceal carry you can find it pretty easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top