Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2012 2:36:20 PM EDT

...Need someone who reads czech to see if they will ship to the US.  Price is around  $15/mag.  They look nice.  Also 10 and 15 rounders.

I may try babelfish...
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

...Need someone who reads czech to see if they will ship to the US.  Price is around  $15/mag.  They look nice.  Also 10 and 15 rounders.

I may try babelfish...

Just wait until Bohem shows up. You may want to provide a link.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the link

They have 20 rounders and 25 rounders here:

http://www.arsenalcz.com/arsenalcz/eshop/4-1-Doplnky-Accsesories/13-2-Zasobniky-Magazines

Apparently SA58 is what they call the VZ58 over there.

I tried to order some, but I got hung up because I couldn't read what information to put in the order information fields.

100 Czech Koruna =  $5 US dollars currently, so about $15 per mag.

Now shipping might be if they will ship to the US, but maybe we could do a group buy or something.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag, don't have a VZ yet, but mags will help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Arsenal doesnt have option to ship outside of ČR. But this one lists US as possibility. Interestingly, in Czech version, they have much better prices for 30rd. mags - about $5 each (including VAT).  But they dont have 20/25 rd. mags  - and 25rd. mag fits into M16 pouches quite well.
Just few years back I used to buy leather pouch with four used mags for $13...
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Arsenal doesnt have option to ship outside of ČR. But this one lists US as possibility. Interestingly, in Czech version, they have much better prices for 30rd. mags - about $5 each (including VAT).  But they dont have 20/25 rd. mags  - and 25rd. mag fits into M16 pouches quite well.

Wow some very nice accessories like rails and left sided charging handle. I'll have to order from the czech side of the site if the prices are better!

Bohem, are those prices on the eglish site in Euros or Czech Koruna?

Also, does the Arsenal site show the possibility of shipping to the UK? Or just Czechoslovakia?  I have some familiy in UK.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow some very nice accessories like rails and left sided charging handle. I'll have to order from the czech side of the site if the prices are better!

Also, does the Arsenal site show the possibility of shipping to the UK? Or just Czechoslovakia?  I have some familiy in UK.

They can ship to Czechoslovakia? I wonder how much they charge to rent their time machine!
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#7]
English mutation uses € EURO, Czech one Kč (CZK).
Arsenal ships only to CZ and Slovakia, UK doesnt sound like best place to send some gun parts.
Maybe you should ask them directly via e-mail.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can ship to Czechoslovakia? I wonder how much they charge to rent their time machine!

OK, Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
English mutation uses € EURO, Czech one Kč (CZK).
Arsenal ships only to CZ and Slovakia, UK doesnt sound like best place to send some gun parts.
Maybe you should ask them directly via e-mail.

Good idea about the email.

I am really liking some of their stock hardware too. That buffer stock connection is cool.  Looks like they have developed an accessory market for the VZ58 much like the one we have for the AR15 over here.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Would probably have to get an importer involved to get the magazines, as I don't believe an individual can import magazines.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive heard on different forum that someone had big trouble with US customs so he started to make his own 20rds from standard mags.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#12]

OK didn't know that was regulated.

BTW mag prices seem to be rising on gunbroker, found this US source, $15.95 ea unissued VZ58 mags  ( if you buy 10, otherwise they are $16.95 ea, still not bad)

http://jesticearms.com/VZ58page.htm
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Well its just hear- say, I dont know US import laws.
And your export laws arent any better - importing .50 barrett to CZ is almost impossible.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322771000

I think Jestice Arms has put all his inventory on Gun Broker. They sure are't 16.95 apiece anymore. Shows sold out on hisn website.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 4/19/2013 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hello, I am from Slovakia - CzechoSlovakia (producent of vz 58 in communist era).
I can sell vz58 / CZ 858 / VZ 2008 mags for good price and ship anywhere (in problematic regions as disassembled "repair kits").
They are from "Untouchable stock" of Slovak army, never used, very nice.
I am not limited with amount (thousands).

Thanks for the offer el_nino, looks very interesting, but it looks like I would need a license to import guns parts into the US, even for personal use.

You should definitely contact some of the forum members on the Aim Surplus industry forum, they might be interested as they do import a lot of items like that.

Here is the link to that forum: http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/217_Aim_Surplus.html

You can just post in there and they will see it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I have bough AK mags from private European sellers without issue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have bough AK mags from private European sellers without issue.

This is from a FAQ on the atf.gov website:

Q: Does the expiration of the SAW (Semi-Automatic Assault Weapon) ban and the LCAFD (Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices) ban affect importation?

LCAFDs are no longer prohibited from importation, but they are still subject to the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act. An approved Form 6 import permit is still required.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/saws-and-lcafds.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess customs must not give a crap then.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Perhaps not, but I'm not going to push my luck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I went through all kinds of junk getting a legal 20 round mag imported into the US...still get people asking if I will sell it. The guy said he would never go through that again, as Customs made him jump through some serious hoops, took forever. Oh well.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top