BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/29/2019 4:14:23 PM EDT
is the CNC brace compatable with the PSA AKV??   Have they recieved ATF approval for the triangle brace?
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Don’t count on either getting an approval letter now that a complete firearm with brace must be submitted for approval.

Between that requirement and SB Tactical selling the SBA3 without a specific approval letter I’ve not seen any manufacturer advertising an approval letter.

The CNC/Bonesteel folding Galil style brace is designed to fit on a flat trunnion(rear of the receiver) and mounts with a bolt that passes thru a hole you must drill yourself. It’s designed to fit around the rear of the receiver with some small tabs that act as a guide to keep it straight. Since there’s a Draco and an M92 version, it’s not a universal fit.

Does the PSA AK pistol use that ‘puzzle piece’ rear tab like their AK rifles?
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don’t count on either getting an approval letter now that a complete firearm with brace must be submitted for approval.

Between that requirement and SB Tactical selling the SBA3 without a specific approval letter I’ve not seen any manufacturer advertising an approval letter.

The CNC/Bonesteel folding Galil style brace is designed to fit on a flat trunnion(rear of the receiver) and mounts with a bolt that passes thru a hole you must drill yourself. It’s designed to fit around the rear of the receiver with some small tabs that act as a guide to keep it straight. Since there’s a Draco and an M92 version, it’s not a universal fit.

Does the PSA AK pistol use that ‘puzzle piece’ rear tab like their AK rifles?
View Quote
The PSA Brace is sold in two configurations, both require a 1913 rail adapter - similar to how sig stocks and braces go on their MCX line.

The PSA AKV version is sold with a block that attaches to the AKV pistol with the PSA style locking system.

The other version is just a brace with a 1913 rail mating section (made of aluminum)  One mates it to the rail - One has to buy a rail for your AK - Stormwerkz has them  I used the Yugo version for my AK - It was $50 for the rail - mounts easily - drill one hole (no threading or taping)

I am very pleased with how it looks - I was concerned it would look crappy - but it came out great.

Link Posted: 10/1/2019 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it does:

Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
just found out it's some kind of plastic-- not metal
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just found out it's some kind of plastic-- not metal
View Quote
What is? The PSA Brace?
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The top bar of the PSA. triangle brace is plastic, and can flex if you grab by the end and twist. The bottom portion is rubber.

I am very interested in the CNC Warrior brace, I just need some feedback from folks on how the installation is. I know the “stamped ak” is the proper model for the AKV, just want to know if it requires drilling like the other models do too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
For the psa pistols, the "stamped" is correct.  Drop in with no gunsmithing.  You should have the tang installed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
That is one sexy pistol right there
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For the psa pistols, the "stamped" is correct.  Drop in with no gunsmithing.  You should have the tang installed.
View Quote
Exactly this, simply remove the old brace and screw the new one in utilizing the tang screw set holes

How this guy does it for the stock version is EXACTLY the same as you will do it, incredibly simple—-> my only add on to this would be to loctite it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YH1ofyhifg

Also I just got mine in for my M92, it’s all metal, very strong
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are some pics I took when installing the CNC brace in my AKV.

Remove the buffer tube for the SBA3 brace and it looks like this.  You remove the three flat head hex screws to remove the block used to mount the buffer tube.

Looks like this after removing the block.  You can see here the tang is not permanently attached to the receiver.  It is a removable extension using the "puzzle piece".

Here is what the tang looks like as it would be attached using the puzzle piece.

The CNC brace mounting block inserts into the receiver and is held in place using two of the three original screw holes.  The forward most screw is not used.

Here it is mounted with screws in place.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
This post is the one the internet has needed for awhile. Thank you, makes me feel alot more confident purchasing the brace,
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#12]
So the tubes on the CNC brace metal?  Having a hard time deciding between this and the PSA.  I installed the PSA version on my dad's AKV a couple weeks back and really liked it.  The CNC one looks tougher.   Choices, choices.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So the tubes on the CNC brace metal?  Having a hard time deciding between this and the PSA.  I installed the PSA version on my dad's AKV a couple weeks back and really liked it.  The CNC one looks tougher.   Choices, choices.
View Quote
Yes, CNC brace is aluminum except for some steel parts in the hinge itself.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes, CNC brace is aluminum except for some steel parts in the hinge itself.
View Quote
Ya it’s a fricken tank in comparison to my SBA3/A4 and rubber braces
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Sooooo freakin’ happy with this set up

Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#16]
What is the length of the CNC brace as measured from the rear of the receiver?
On the right folder does the charging handle clear the brace when folded?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is the length of the CNC brace as measured from the rear of the receiver?
On the right folder does the charging handle clear the brace when folded?
View Quote
I believe 8”

And yes it barely clears, I’d be confident shooting it folded, that said the brace deploys so quickly that it makes it a moot point
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
just installed my warrior brace on a Psa-v 9mm Both of the supplied screws were the same length. I found the one that goes in the center seemed to be a little short. I had to start that screw with the gun in an inverted position to get it started. Time for a trip to Fastenal I guess. Other than that everything went smooth thanks to your post!!  thanks   TG
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I've got a PSA AK-P (Triangle folder) enroute to my local FFL.

Does the Triangle folder have the "puzzle piece" in place?  I plan to put a CNC Warrior on mine, so looks like I will need the puzzle piece.  If I need to buy the puzzle piece, does anyone have a source?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
just installed my warrior brace on a Psa-v 9mm Both of the supplied screws were the same length. I found the one that goes in the center seemed to be a little short. I had to start that screw with the gun in an inverted position to get it started. Time for a trip to Fastenal I guess. Other than that everything went smooth thanks to your post!!  thanks   TG
View Quote
Funny you say that. I had to do the exact same thing. Feels like it’s only engaging by a thread or two.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Del
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have this same issue - bought the ALG Railed AKP with Triangle Brace with the intent to mount the CNC brace, only to realize PSA didn’t include the puzzle piece tang adapter.  I’ve emailed PSA customer service about this part twice now, I’ll update you if I ever get a reply.  Given that their puzzle piece rear tang is proprietary I don’t know if anyone else makes anything close.

It’s pretty frustrating spending close to $1k on an AK pistol which doesn’t even include the rear tang... fingers crossed that PSA makes this right
View Quote
I had no luck with PSA CS (called & emailed).  Both efforts led to a stone wall:  "We don't sell the puzzle piece".  The only solution offered was to send in my carbine (unused) to trade-in for a SBA3 stocked model.  If your gun is used, you might be SOL.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Del
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had no luck with PSA CS (called & emailed).  Both efforts led to a stone wall:  "We don't sell the puzzle piece".  The only solution offered was to send in my carbine (unused) to trade-in for a SBA3 stocked model.  If your gun is used, you might be SOL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have this same issue - bought the ALG Railed AKP with Triangle Brace with the intent to mount the CNC brace, only to realize PSA didn't include the puzzle piece tang adapter.  I've emailed PSA customer service about this part twice now, I'll update you if I ever get a reply.  Given that their puzzle piece rear tang is proprietary I don't know if anyone else makes anything close.

It's pretty frustrating spending close to $1k on an AK pistol which doesn't even include the rear tang... fingers crossed that PSA makes this right
If you need support from PSA check with them on the forum.  Their normal support sucks but here they seem to do a good job.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's extremely disappointing, probably my last PSA purchase given they don't seem to care about their customers.  Thankfully I have a PSAK which may have this puzzle piece, so I'll probably cannibalize that.

I'll be leaving a negative review on the PSA website as well, pretty unacceptable they won't even let us buy this simple part.
View Quote
Check w them here on the forum.  Don't use the normal tech support.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Del
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
If you have facebook, PSA has a couple groups setup for their customers and products.  I've seen a few people in your situation on there mention getting the tang and the PSA reps (CEO and founder are both active there) got them taken care of without having to buy a new gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How do you get in touch with them on here?  Sorry for my ignorance but I'm new here, just made an account to reply to this thread
View Quote
Try @PalmettoStateArmory.    I had a problem w one of their 9mm lowers.  Their phone and email support sucked balls.    Here on the forum they were helpful.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Del
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for the help everyone - I don’t have FB so I sent PSA a direct message on here.  Will give you an update once I learn more, it’s a relief to hear I’m not the first person in this situation
View Quote
I do hope you get yours.  The CNC Warrior brace really completes this pistol build.  Much better than the SBA or Triangle brace.

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Del
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
del
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought a second one with the SBA brace.

I had a guy offer to buy my first one with the triangle brace for more than I paid for it!
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I am working on getting the puzzle piece rear trunnion's for sale on our website. If anyone needs one, including @Gsonnen, please PM me your original order number. It looks like it will be 2-3 weeks before they go up on the website for sale. I can work on getting them now on a limited basis for those who want them.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
@PalmettoStateArmory, Josiah:  this was the response you gave me last week:  Puzzle Piece for AK-P

I had to make other arrangements due to that response.  I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short.  Ya'll make a great product.  The support you give your product has a deserved reputation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#37]
So the CNC brace, right hand version folds on ejection port side and left hand version folds opposite side ? -thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So the CNC brace, right hand version folds on ejection port side and left hand version folds opposite side ? -thanks
View Quote
Yep, they make a hinge that folds to the right as well as a hinge that folds to the left.  I opted for a right folding hinge in case I wanted to put a RS Regulate mount and optic on but both fit fine on my SAM7K-44 without any optic.  I haven't ever tried a left folding brace with an RS Regulate mount but assumed it would conflict.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#39]
I would be nice if you post a m92 with CNC warrior brace if you could explain how it is installed? I was looking at the new "alpha" zpaps with pictinny trunnions and was thinking if a hole needs to be drilled, I wonder if the exsisting hole on pictinny trunnion versions would line up with required hole CNC brace.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#40]
my google fu is weak, I cannot find any information on installation of this armbrace on any other models. I have found only PSA and Arsenal SAM7k-44. Im wanting to see Draco and M92. Is there drilling invovled with these models? On CNC warrior clams  installs without the use of any adapters or requiring modifications to your gun, Im not gun smith so I cannot invison how that would work and still be soild without drilling.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#41]
The CNC Warrior brace requires a single hole drilled through the rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Good to know that this brace exists as it looks to be one of the best braces for an AK pistol. But from the looks of it, I can't tell how you use the brace as a brace. Especially with the arms being metal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good to know that this brace exists as it looks to be one of the best braces for an AK pistol. But from the looks of it, I can't tell how you use the brace as a brace. Especially with the arms being metal.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Exactly what set up is that, just what I need, if sturdy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
DetectiveSpecial, please search for clues on how to communicate effectively on a Forum, because I can not deduce what, “set up” you are referring to. Best I can tell, your question is probably in reference to the cnc warrior arm brace, you know... the title of this thread. In which case it is sturdy, but probably not as formidable as your research impairments.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm assuming you mean this one:

https://www.cncwarrior.com/AK-Saiga-Sidefolding-Armbrace-p/29380.htm

It's very sturdy, for a folder.  You won't be using it to break down a door, but it's not going to break if it falls out of your truck onto the pavement.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I feel the PSA brace is a bit of a swing and a miss at something that could have been great.  Honestly they should have made it a direct mount/drop in with the side folding stock trunnion instead of attaching to the rail.  They offer full size rifles with the side folder so it’s not a stretch.

The CNC warrior brace is a legit piece of hardware.  It looks Ok and seems to be very well built.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I feel the PSA brace is a bit of a swing and a miss at something that could have been great.  Honestly they should have made it a direct mount/drop in with the side folding stock trunnion instead of attaching to the rail.  They offer full size rifles with the side folder so it's not a stretch.

The CNC warrior brace is a legit piece of hardware.  It looks Ok and seems to be very well built.
View Quote
Being made of plastic is what turned me off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The CNC Warrior brace requires a single hole drilled through the rear trunnion.
View Quote
is the hole centered on the rear trunnion? Specfic measuring instructions would be handy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

is the hole centered on the rear trunnion? Specfic measuring instructions would be handy.
View Quote
I used the info here and drilled it 1/2" up from the bottom, centered side to side:

https://www.cncwarrior.com/PAP-Buttstock-Drill-Kit-p/26535.htm

As long as you're centered sideways I don't think it matters if you're off a hair, since the adapter has a long slot that the bolt slides into.  You have some leeway  up and down, and the adapter has tabs on the top and bottom that locate it vertically on the receiver.

ETA:  This was on a Draco, YMMV on other models.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top