Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2014 12:10:03 AM EDT
My Romanian pistol was sort of a novelty when it came out. I pig hunted with it once and it was so uncontrollable I never used it again................ until the SB47 brace came out.

Now...holy batballs Robin!!

With a Midwest Industries handguard, Echo 9whatever sling point, good sling, and a SB47 brace....this is a VERY nice weapon and VERY controllable..

But the muzzle attachment is a little donut. Like a thread protector and nothing more from the factory. Yet I see so many people adding the LONG Krink muzzle devices...thus ADDING length to a pistol that's main virtue is the shortness of it. How can it be worth it????? Why sacrifice that extra just for a little comfort????

What are your thoughts??
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The krink cone is actually a muzzle booster that increases backpressure to aid in cycling if the weapon is fouled or ammo is weak. The Bulgy beercan is similar with the added benefit of flash and concussion redirection.

You really don't need the krink booster on the Romy. It won't fit without a 24mm adapter anyhow. I have the 26mm one on my M-92 for the sake of originality. Something to diminish the flash and boom would be nicer.

CNC Warrior has a copy of the Romanian AIMR conical flash hider which is probably more correct for a Romy pistol. The have straight variants and some shorter ones too. Prices are right.

At least that's my version of the story...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Not needed on a Romy. Trow a slant brake on there and call it a day.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
3 inch, no.

2, yes. I'm a FSC 47 fan. Have 2 of  em. 1 on a draco pistol, 1 on rifle Romy G parts kit.

On the pistol, it controls the fireball very very well, and reduces muzzle rise.

Highly recommended.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top