Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 2:16:32 PM EDT
I have a couple of the Arm braces for the AR.......I have never seen the SB47 in person.

1. Does the rubber brace slide over a buffer tube style item on the SB47, like it does on the AR version?
2. If yes, is it removable?
3. If yes, is it the same size ID as the one for the AR?
4. Does the tube come off and on like the AR model? Could it be swapped with a longer KAK version if one wanted to?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
no it has a fork like prong in front of the brace that slides between the pistol grip and receiver. So you would have to remove the pistol grip to get it off and on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the rubber portion attached to the metal hardware?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The rubber portion is fitted over the metal tube. It is very snug but you can slide it back to extend the hard rubber brace beyond the end of the tube if you wish.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The rubber portion is fitted over the metal tube. It is very snug but you can slide it back to extend the hard rubber brace beyond the end of the tube if you wish.
View Quote

Thank you.

Do you know if the metal tube is the same diameter as a typical AR15 buffer tube?

Does the metal tube easily come apart from the "Mount" which attaches it to the AK pistol?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If it is the same diameter I bet the kak "extension" would help get a little extra length from it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
It is screwed into the back of the "adapter" that mates with the rear of the receiver with the two forks under the pistol grip. I just got mine installed today and have not had a chance to fire the pistol with the brace yet.

I am 6' 6" and so far just mounting it and dry firing the pistol has felt very good and the brace seems more than solid enough and long enough to be useful. Can you butt stroke someone with it? No, but it feels very solid for other purposes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it is the same diameter I bet the kak "extension" would help get a little extra length from it.
View Quote

Right, I guess to simplify my questions.......I am just wondering if you can screw any AR buffer tube into the mount, and if the rubber brace for the SB47 fits the standard AR pistol buffer tubes that are made to fit the SB15.

I assume I will have to wait until I find someone that has both, so they can check first hand.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#8]
The tube is 7.75 inches long, including the threaded portion. The threaded portion is 0.75 inches long. The fork is secured to the mount with 2 allen-head screws. Threadlocker is on the screws, but it is similar to blue or even purple: no heat necessary. The buffer tube is threaded in and pinned with a rollpin, which drives out easily.

I do not have a pistol buffer tube, but both the carbine and rifle buffer tubes I have handy thread into the mount correctly. The SB-47 buffer tube is very slightly larger in diameter than the standard AR tube; a commercial M4 stock will go on, but it would need to be driven on and will be a tight friction fit. The rubber brace is a snug but not tight friction fit on the tube.

Based on this, it appears that a KAK tube would fit the mounting bracket with no problem, and the rubber brace would, in turn, fit the KAK tube, albeit perhaps slightly loose.

Apart from all that, I am not a fan of the way the mounting bracket is held on the AK receiver; it's basically just a friction fit with the forks trapped between the receiver and pistol grip.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
As stated, the SB47 brace slides over a tube. You can side the rubber portion of the brace on the tube. Mine rotated slightly yesterday. So I wrapped some paracord around the tube (about an inch) at the end by the receiver. I then slid the rubber back on the tube. Once I'm satisfied that the length is perfect for me, I'll glue the rubber portion on the tube.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The tube is 7.75 inches long, including the threaded portion. The threaded portion is 0.75 inches long. The fork is secured to the mount with 2 allen-head screws. Threadlocker is on the screws, but it is similar to blue or even purple: no heat necessary. The buffer tube is threaded in and pinned with a rollpin, which drives out easily.

I do not have a pistol buffer tube, but both the carbine and rifle buffer tubes I have handy thread into the mount correctly. The SB-47 buffer tube is very slightly larger in diameter than the standard AR tube; a commercial M4 stock will go on, but it would need to be driven on and will be a tight friction fit. The rubber brace is a snug but not tight friction fit on the tube.

Based on this, it appears that a KAK tube would fit the mounting bracket with no problem, and the rubber brace would, in turn, fit the KAK tube, albeit perhaps slightly loose.

Apart from all that, I am not a fan of the way the mounting bracket is held on the AK receiver; it's basically just a friction fit with the forks trapped between the receiver and pistol grip.
View Quote

That info is PERFECT.....thank you very much.

Thank you to the rest of you too!
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top