Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 3:32:18 PM EDT
This was my first attempt at mounting a small video camera looking down the red dot.  It's hard to see the dot in the video, looks washed out but actually very bright.  If you watch closely you can see the metal gong fly on the last shot.  8 seconds long.
video
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool. Kinda makes me miss my old front sight post.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, that vid makes me want to modify my FS hoods on my Draco's. Hmmmmm...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Great video!!

Quoted:
Man, that vid makes me want to modify my FS hoods on my Draco's. Hmmmmm...

I added a stock (SBR) and optics and the dot was right at the top of the front sight "hood".  I dremeled mine and it was easier than I expected.  I was going to go a little lower, but the top part was all I needed.  Rough pics before I cleaned it up and reblued it (alumiblack):

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
lol.
Seemed like it was right out of the Call of Duty game.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#5]
ScottMO, I saw your mod and when the aimpoint was on I agreed that the top of the hood had to go.  I rounded the edges a bit then cold blued it.  Looks great.  With earplugs I can get low enough to cowitness but with a headset it is tough to get low enough.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lol.
Seemed like it was right out of the Call of Duty game.

LOL, that's what I thought.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top