Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:51:46 PM EDT
I'm buying one of these kits and I was wondering, who makes a US made brake I can use as one of my US compliant parts? Will a AK74 style brake work on these?

Where is a good place to buy my compliance parts? I'm thinking I want a good FCG, I think the G2 is what my US-AK-103K has in it, I'd like to use that as it's pretty nice; and a US gas piston, and the Armory 1mm receiver, is that all I need? Where can I get all this stuff at a good price?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells sells them. I'm think they are US made, but you may want to call to find out for sure.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5735&title=AK+MUZZLE+BRAKE
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I looked around and found a few sources for these parts, but now I'm confused about which versions I need; does the PMKMS use a single hook or double hook G2 trigger? I think I want the type 2 7.62 Armory receiver, right? Do I need the trunion or any other options?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a double hook trigger in my pmkms. Works great, just make sure that the reciever that you get is cut for a double hook trigger, or you will have to cut it yourself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Armory USA receivers are cut for the double-hook FCG, so you can use either single- or double-hook innards. I went with the double-hook myself-- after looking at them in my Chinese guns for almost twenty years, it just looks like AK parts. Yes: Type-2, one mm, 7.62 caliber. Do yourself a favor and get (at least) one of the grip reinforcement plates sold by Ohio Rapid Fire (and others)-- it will make your grip feel much more solid and make your lower last longer, but they have to be spot-welded in. (rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=6943113.28146*YK4Wz4&product=AK_Parts&cart_id=6943113.28146*Sr14i8, second one down. Todd is Bob's business partner.)  Compliance: I'm going receiver, FCG, gas piston, and a muzzle device from the guy TravisAasen told us all about (thanks, Trav, we all owe you a beer-- I'm working on a way to send it via the Internet)! Now to save up the money for a press and a Plinker's jig-- oh yeah, and order more kits-- --and don't forget the GunKote or Norrell's-- Brownell has both.

One more thing: if you use an Armory or other stock-AK receiver, you'll need a regular safety, because the original Tantal safety rides too low. Global Trades happens to have some Polish safeties that fit the bill-- symmetry, no?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Ductapeman!

Is there no way to use the original safety on the Tantal? I thought I saw a thread where someone (greenlight?) had figured out how to do it. If not, I can hold off on the Tantal until someone does.

But the PMKMS underfolder has a standard AK safety right?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]
BB, I haven't had enough time to fiddle with my kit to figure out if the original safety can be used with an Armory receiver. I had heard rumors that Chris/cw_toyota was working on a proper Tantal receiver, but he's dropped completely off the radar-- the price of building a better mousetrap (or in his case, a better Yugo receiver). Hopefully someone will step up to bat before long. And yes, the PMKMS uses regular AKM parts.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top