Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2003 6:08:50 PM EDT
I'm sure this question has been asked 1000+ times but could someone shoot me a picture of a loaded drum for reference or dear God a scan of the instructions from Norinco, I would be forever grateful! (ps)The good news is I traded into it this afternoon, and the guy and I both assumed it was a 75 rounder SUPRISE!!!:o) Thanks All!

Link Posted: 3/22/2003 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Drum open for loading. Red arrow indicates feed tower. White arrow indicates last round follower. Green arrow indicates Spring tension release button.

Bigger clearer pictures here------->www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4291836145
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Great info postban!

Could a General Discussion Moderator/Staff Officer make this a sticky so that we can save this info?!
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Postban,

Dont know if you recieved my IM but thank you very much for the info! I am taking my RPK out tomorrow and will let you know if I got it loaded right! You guys are great!

J.T.
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
How about hthe manual in PDF form? It's for the 75 round chinese drum, but as long as you remember to add the other 25 rounds, it works the same

www.supercharger.net/private/pdf/75RND_DRUM.pdf

Link Posted: 3/23/2003 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll ask the guys in AK abcs to post this on their side in a few days.

Link Posted: 3/23/2003 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Fellas, I had it loaded all wrong before you all helped me out. The only other question I have is when you have finished loading the mag, do you have to load three into the tower by hand or does the spring push the rounds up when you wind it up? I loaded three rounds into the tower and it jammed all three, then it ran like a top! Just curious, and once again thank you all very much for your help! These drums are slick little units!

J.T.
Link Posted: 3/23/2003 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Answered my own question regarding the feed tower. I know that drum mags have been around forever, but I feel as though I have found the holy grail!

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]
First time poster on this site and on this thread, wanna become a member and post info and feed back on my AK, own a SAR-1 and Norinco underfolder ak-47, have come to love my weapons. I love the drums cause not only are they fun to shoot but you can leave them loaded forever with the spring tension released, pick up a drum and they will go BANG without fail. Until I saw that same manual I had trouble loading the drum, the picture helped me figure it out. I went to Knob Creek and saw an awesome ak-74 by inrange, loved it so much I am having 2 built. Great info, guys
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Just watch the fingers when pushing the spring release and close the the lid before rewindin the last three shells up to the top. like Cobra 47 said they stay on the shelf until ya need them, then a few turns on the windup key and a trigger pull then ya start it all over again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Besides the 100 rd'er is russian and the 75'er is chinese usually a lot older to. Keep your eyes peel for the Iragi resales "never used and only dropped once.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
got a norinco in each. both chinese.

bump them from polish in one long pull. usually have to take about three steps back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Where would I find one of those drums? They look COOL! What is the average price?
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top