Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 3:52:02 PM EDT
Guys-

Getting some conflicting info about a Norinco under folder AK. Model is a 56S-1 and was imported by SILE in NY. My question is someone said the muzzle device had to be permd because with the stock folded it measures under 26in OAL. Every one I have seen(Gun broker and one in real life) has had had a removable device, thus making it illegal? I have not run a tape down one to verify this and was wondering what the experts think.

Thanks in advance-
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps it was a rifle that someone has to "ban" due to their location and that location's particular laws.

Otherwise, it sounds like a preban rifle and as such it can have those evil features.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
But the OAL problem would not matter pre Vs post ban? I thought the OAL min of 26 in was mandated in the 1960's?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
My understandingis the 26" overall length per BATF is measured with the stock extended.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My understandingis the 26" overall length per BATF is measured with the stock extended.

I was told NO, because the firearm still is operational with the stock in the folded position.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a pre ban rifle to begin with?  The only reason I could think of to have a perm attached fs would be a ban state, but it would have to have the stock fixed in an open position? I do know that certain states have a differnt law on OAL , I do belive Michigan still has that law on the books.

BTW i also have a Norinco UF , but the FS comes off.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top