Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 5:46:05 PM EDT
I was wondering where all you guys have actually built a galil got your parts.  I am going to go ahead and get the parts I need...

From what I understand, you just need the kit, and a receiver.  I cant find a receiver, and I dotn know if the kits are all the same from the different places...or if they are different.

I would like to stay synthetic...and am not sure what I will need.

If you guys can point me in the right direction...I have seen the links, but would still like some more input.

I heard these are the hardest kits to build, so I am having ORF put it together for me, they just need all the parts to do it for me.

thanks guys, even though I am taking the weener way out...I just dont have the time or the knowledge.  That and Im currently at illinios state university...so I couldnt build it even if I wanted to.

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, A receiver is the hardest part to come by. At the moment, Hesse is the only company threatening to make them, and when they will be available again, is anyone's guess. IMI receivers are still out there, but rare and getting more so all the time.

Expect to pay $300-350 for a Hesse receiver and over $450 for an IMI.

Kits are available at Sarco and FAC for starters. Between the two of them, they will have you covered for both an AR and an ARM kit.
There may be other places, if we are aware of them, they can be found in the tacked post above.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
FAC has the nicest AR kit mine was new parts, alot of money though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought of something the last couple days. I recall seeing a couple of posts by Derek Huffman on other boards. He was looking to see how many folks were interested in having some Galil recs custom made.

You might try to contact him. www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Check you IM. I have a complete New IMI ARM kit with extra AR parts avialable.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top