Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 9:29:21 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm not much into building AK variants, and from what I gather, trying to build one of these would be biting off a bit more than I can chew.  Not to mention I am a college student, so I would have no way to build one anyways.

What I was wondering is if anyone sells complete Galil's, refinished and ready to go right out of the box.

I was also wondering where to find magazines at a good price.  

Thanks for helping a galil newbie :-)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several gunsmiths that will build a kit for you.  Stay away from the Hesse builds that are out there.  Your only other option is pre-ban.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You could also purchase a post-ban parts rifle that has been built by a reputable smith.

I haven't seen too many of those for sale though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
what about the Galil from Joeken firearms?

http://www.joeken.net/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=21&cat=AK%2D47+Rifles
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hesse reciever....RUN AWAY FAST!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hesse reciever....RUN AWAY FAST!

I agree. The word is that the Hesse receivers aren't bad though, just that Hesse's assembly quality is horrendous. You would be better off to pay the extra cash and find a one that at least wasn't built by Hesse.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats the only problem...I can't find any other receivers.

Any clues?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately, no. Hesse's production seems to have stalled for an unknown period of time (last I checked). If you want to talk to someone who may know, I suggest you talk to Harlan @ FAC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Friends don't let friends by HeXXe......

FAC is pretty good at providing customers with what they want.....just after they steal the idea from others......ask Harlan where they came up with the idea for the AMD-65 barrel extension........

KF
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember Vulcan=Hesse. Just a new name.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Has anybody tried a VEPR .308? While nowhere near a Galil, it looks closer than the Saigas.

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top