Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 12:47:25 PM EDT
Back in 2000 NHM was selling barreled .223 and .308 receivers.  They did not ship with a bolt.  How could the barrel have been headspaced if a bolt was not included?  Do you have to keep buying Galil Bolts until one headspaces correctly?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Which lug would you grind down? The reason I ask is I have one of these and the person who bult it supposedly used a Bulgarian AK 5.56 bolt on mine and one of the locking lugs seems "filed on." Mine however headspaces perfectly so they must have gotten it right. Speaking of these barreled actions I wonder how many of them made it into the country?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep
That is the one. I always wondered why someone had filed on it...

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
IPSC_GUY, did MSC build up your barreled receiver?  I had talked to mike about how he bult them up.  He said he did grind on the Bulgarian bolts because a stock Bulgarian .223 bolt would not work, one of the dimensions was off.  I forget which dimension, the conversation was 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know, He may have as the fellow I bought it from mentioned him. I contacted Mike about building other Galils but something happened to him and he quit gunsmithing I heard. I keep thinking about getting a real IMI bolt but hell this gun shoots 1.25 MOA with a 16 inch barrel so... Why mess with changing headspace when it might alter accuracy.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike began doing shoddy work by the end, lots of people complaining so he got out of the business.  Some people got great work, others got horrible work.  Funny how history repeats itself......

I agree about not changing the bolt, if its not broken, don't fix it!
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top