Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:44:17 PM EDT
Price has gone up since the first LOT of Golani's is now sold out.

This is not an offer to buy. This is only information that I have researched on the web.

Golani Rifles
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhmm...they're $599 on the page you linked so maybe they went back down
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Classic and J&G raised their prices to $699, average price on GB is up too!
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Classic Arms has really cut some prices...  

http://www.classicarms.us/

GOLANI SPORTER .223 S/A RIFLE   SALE .$599.95
SPECIAL DEAL - BUY ANY GOLANI RIFLE ABOVE AND GET A 1000 RD CASE OF WOLF .223 AMMO AT ONLY $250.00

the romanian psl I bought a few weeks ago for $799 is now $719.   I am still happy I bought when I did...  Very happy w/ it.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up mine from J&G for about $699 (after adding the bayo lug and two excelent condition extra mags) a couple of months ago after I walked into a local shop and saw them for $1100!  And those were neutered!
Classic is running a great deal with that ammo package.  My case of Wolf arrived yesterday and I paid about three cents more per round... then you figure shipping...

Now if only those Tantals would come down in price...
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a new one for sale, $650 shipped but I could lower it a bit to match market prices...
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow...the Dunham's near me has them.............for $899 !!!!!!
The prices above are chump change compared to that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Received my Golani from Classic Arms. Very pleased with the service, if not bothered by the poor build quality of the Century made rifle I would be overjoyed. The rear cover has so much play, you can push on it from either side and throw your shots off at 100 yd by as much as 6"; and that's at 100! Finish is very poor, looks like someone held it over a fire and roasted it to make a black carbon build up over pitted rust, numerous spots are unfinished or extremely thin; can't call this parkerizing, don't know what it is. Rear sight barely works and wobbles, changing elevation by several inches. Haven't had any malfunctions. . . yet. Can't imagine how they can honestly build rifles with such a disregard for even the lowest levels of quality.  

Anyone compare these to the Polish Tantals? They look nice in pics, but then again so did the Golani
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Received my Golani from Classic Arms. Very pleased with the service, if not bothered by the poor build quality of the Century made rifle I would be overjoyed. The rear cover has so much play, you can push on it from either side and throw your shots off at 100 yd by as much as 6"; and that's at 100! Finish is very poor, looks like someone held it over a fire and roasted it to make a black carbon build up over pitted rust, numerous spots are unfinished or extremely thin; can't call this parkerizing, don't know what it is. Rear sight barely works and wobbles, changing elevation by several inches. Haven't had any malfunctions. . . yet. Can't imagine how they can honestly build rifles with such a disregard for even the lowest levels of quality.  

Anyone compare these to the Polish Tantals? They look nice in pics, but then again so did the Golani

Send it back to Classic and get a different one. Mine is gtg after a trip back to century for canted sights.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send it back to Classic and get a different one. Mine is gtg after a trip back to century for canted sights.

Are you saying yours got a nice new finish after you got it back? And how much was shipping? Don't know if I would trust these guys to do an improvement on the thing. It will require all the parts be stripped to metal, sanded, and parkerized (note I didn't say perkerized because you can't call this a parkerization by any definition). I think I may do a coating myself on it, spray paint would look better and be more durable.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow, I must have got lucky then because mine is beautiful and shoots like a champ!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying yours got a nice new finish after you got it back? And how much was shipping? Don't know if I would trust these guys to do an improvement on the thing. It will require all the parts be stripped to metal, sanded, and parkerized (note I didn't say perkerized because you can't call this a parkerization by any definition). I think I may do a coating myself on it, spray paint would look better and be more durable.

Ask for a different rifle.

Mine looks good finish wise. It just had canted sights which they fixed by re-timing the barrel. Now it shoots great.

If Classic won't swap it out for a better one, send it back to Century for either a swap or a refinish, new top cover, etc.

Just be clear about what is wrong with it in your opinion, and they will most likely fix it for you.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top