Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:43:14 AM EDT
Well, got my parts kit that I had ordered from Centerfire (Pam is great!)  I have to still order the receiver from Harlan over at Nodak Spud (next paycheck)...so that I can get a matching custom serial number.

Anyway, here are the obligatory pics.  Kit looks good so far, the rifling looked good, still gotta clean the barrel out and get all the cosmo off.  Still gotta cut off the old receiver parts, but I have time waiting on the receiver to be made.

Here's the kit as a whole:

The wood:

Close up of stock w/serial number (matches all the other ser #'s):

Close up of the markings:

Here are the misc internals:

and finally, an attempt to photograph the rifling:

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good

On the website they have the UF one and one with no bipod.

So do they have anymore like yours???

Thanks
FREE
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks good

On the website they have the UF one and one with no bipod.

So do they have anymore like yours???

Thanks
FREE

IM inbound!

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you manage a matching kit with bipod?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Just lucky?  I spoke with Pam (she and Lois take care of ARFCOMmers over at CSI) and was mainly most concerned with a good barrel... got the hand pick and got the bipod with it.

I'm considering myself lucky. After getting the jeep broken into, having a minor fender bender, and hitting a deer (with company van) all in a two week period...I was due for a break!  I should have played the lottery
Minor issue with rear sight, but that is easier/cheaper to take care of than a barrel or other major part.

I also bought 12 mogazines at the same time, haven't had a chance to break them down, they are all used but on first inspection in good condition, very minor spots of rust on a couple. The magazine pouches are used as well, but not worn down.

I am planning on building her up with a DCI receiver from Harlan at Nodak Spud, doing a U-drive screw build.  But that woun't be for a month at least. Gotta order the receiver after next check, and I am gonna get a custome serial number to match the kit, that adds time as well.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Your the man
I talked with Jane and she is gonna hook me up.

Thanks
 FREE

Quoted:
Just lucky?  I spoke with Pam (she and Lois take care of ARFCOMmers over at CSI) and was mainly most concerned with a good barrel... got the hand pick and got the bipod with it.

I'm considering myself lucky. After getting the jeep broken into, having a minor fender bender, and hitting a deer (with company van) all in a two week period...I was due for a break!  I should have played the lottery
Minor issue with rear sight, but that is easier/cheaper to take care of than a barrel or other major part.

I also bought 12 mogazines at the same time, haven't had a chance to break them down, they are all used but on first inspection in good condition, very minor spots of rust on a couple. The magazine pouches are used as well, but not worn down.

I am planning on building her up with a DCI receiver from Harlan at Nodak Spud, doing a U-drive screw build.  But that woun't be for a month at least. Gotta order the receiver after next check, and I am gonna get a custome serial number to match the kit, that adds time as well.

No Expert

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my kit today also from CF, looks about the same but with some graffiti on the buttstock and handguards, it isn't very deep so it should sand out. Ordered without bipod and got a bipod which is a bonus. Bore is a little rough esp towards the muzzle but has strong rifling and is very shootable. MO goes in the mail for a recvr tommorow .
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a really bad kit from CFS.

Did you try and check the barrel with a bullet? How far down did it sit in the crown of the barrel.

Ian
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Got my kit today also from CF, looks about the same but with some graffiti on the buttstock and handguards, it isn't very deep so it should sand out. Ordered without bipod and got a bipod which is a bonus. Bore is a little rough esp towards the muzzle but has strong rifling and is very shootable. MO goes in the mail for a recvr tommorow .

Keep the graffitti, that's a war souvenir!  there is a thread over in the Yugo forum on the Ak side here that has a guy translating the carvings.

You getting the DCI receiver from Nodak Spud?

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got a really bad kit from CFS.

Did you try and check the barrel with a bullet? How far down did it sit in the crown of the barrel.

Ian

Believe it or not.... I have no 7.63x39 ammo at the moment....got some on order though.
Just haven't felt the urge to just buy a box and haven't found any good prices locally since I got 2K on order.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
No joke at the price you paid for that kit I would go find one box anywhere and test it. If you dont see copper send it back. Dont expect to get your money back for return shipping though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine passes the bullet test fine.  If yours has a worn muzzle and the rest of the bore is good with strong rifling and good throat it can also be easily counterbored to clean up the crown/muzzle.

People need to remember these guns were turned into parts kits for a reason. Expecting a pristine/new bore on a well used un-chrome lined barrel is expecting alot for $ 299.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The idea that an individual would buy a well used kit for $299.99 which cost less than $40.00 to make (brand new) is what people need to remember. These kits go for a premium b/c of supply and demand not quality.

I got my kit from Copes, paid more but atlease it dies not eat the case of a 7.62x39 bullet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I got mine about two months ago from Centerfire.  Mine is all matching also.  Yours looks to be about the same condition mine is in, except my butstock does not have the three shiny embellishments on it like yours.  I already pulled mine compleatly appart and I am still waiting for my matching serial # receiver from Harlan.  I am debating weather or not to re-blue everything so it looks new or leave as is as a worn rifle that has been in battle.  I did sand down the furnature on mine just a little to take out a few of the nicks and dents, but there are a lot that are two deep to be taken out, but I think that just gives it character.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I have my receiver on order with Harlan....and I got ammo today, and the crown is worn. BUT, with the overall condition of the kit...I'm not gonna stress it. I did not expect a tackdriver for $300. The rifleing in the barrel is good exceopt for the crown, so I got 20+ inches before it weakens out. I may down the line have the crown redone by a gunsmith or I may not. I dunno.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered one of the no bipod kits also, and got a bipod. i didnt mention arfcom or nothing, just ordered from the catalog. Sure beats paying $500 from others, when CFS sells a little less grade for $300 i can definitely live with that! My kit is all matching and good+ conditon on all the parts including bore.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top