Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 4:35:45 AM EDT
I have beeb bitten by the AK bug again, and was thinking of picking up one of the Yugo underfolders. I know most places are very backordered, but a local dealer has some in stock at a ridiculous price (high). The two he had seemed pretty nice for a Century build. The question i have for Yugo owners is how is the wobble/stock lockup. The two I handled were very loose. I liked seeing the original Yugo markings on the trunion, and one even had a soldiers name engraved/scratched into the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is tight but it is the only Yugo I have seen in many years.  I just don't remember how they were in general.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I built mine from a kit and left the origional blue finish and didnt bead blast and park like those guns. My folder is very nice. Tight and smooth. The ones I handled that Century built at the gun shop were VERY tight. But thats due to the blast and park.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
When I first got mine the stock had hardly no wiggle up and down whatsoever.  Now after firing it, it has loosened a little but not that much, maybe 1/8" up and down at the butt pad area/end.  Not a biggy for me.  Get one while you can!

Remember the PSL's, early last year you could find one ready to go for $495 from SOG, now the kits are going for $450 each, when you can find one.  Then the receiver and someone to build it, etc... And there may be no more imported as it is a current Military rifle in use in Iraq and other places and the newly enforced BATF stuff may prevent their importation.  Just like the PSL's, there is only a certain number in country, M70's, and once they are gone they are gone/expensive.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is a little bit loose.  Probably 1/8" play.  But, when I shoulder the weapon, it has a natural tendancy to fall into the "lower position"  - this makes it easy to get a stock weld on the open sights with the battle sight position - so, it isn't a real problem - it might bug someone, but it does not really affect how the gun holds.  It will lock into a certain position when held.  I have not fired it yet, so we'll see how she shoots.  

The parked finish is pretty good, and I like it - overall looks like a fine weapon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine had a wee bit of wiggle when I bought it, and now has more since I have about 200+ rounds down the barrel.

The play doesn't bother me too much as its not noticeable when I fire it and it groups well at 100 yards for what it is.  My biggest beef was that the handguards took on a SIGNIFICANT amount of rattle after the first range trip.  I shimmed them which took care of the wiggle, but its still a concern.  However, I still love it and it  just look so cool!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Lithgow303, did your top handguard/gas tube get a little loose too?  How did you tighten it up?  I found I could squeeze the gas port end of the tube a bit in the vise to get a little tighter fit on mine.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]
the yugo is a great Ak, the stock on my century is still tight after 120rd( i just bought it) the accuracy was just amazing for a underfolder, but I don't like the how the reiceiver jams into my hand( i may have large hands), I hate the push pin and my cover fit so damn tight i had to pound it on. the available upgrades are basically zero. no tactical rails, or grips( there is a man that will make them for you) it's heavy and that is what I like about it! the 1.6mm receiver is the way to go! my plans for my yugo have chanaged. I wanted a tatical rifle but now I realize it's great stock. I'll turn my Ak-74 that I'm currently purchasing in to a tatical rifle.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lithgow303, did your top handguard/gas tube get a little loose too?  How did you tighten it up?  I found I could squeeze the gas port end of the tube a bit in the vise to get a little tighter fit on mine.  Thanks!

The top hand guard is quite loose, however that doesn't bother me too much.  The bottom handguard was the bigger problem and now that thats shimmed life is good.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the yugo is a great Ak, the stock on my century is still tight after 120rd( i just bought it) the accuracy was just amazing for a underfolder, but I don't like the how the reiceiver jams into my hand( i may have large hands), I hate the push pin and my cover fit so damn tight i had to pound it on. the available upgrades are basically zero. no tactical rails, or grips( there is a man that will make them for you) it's heavy and that is what I like about it! the 1.6mm receiver is the way to go! my plans for my yugo have chanaged. I wanted a tatical rifle but now I realize it's great stock. I'll turn my Ak-74 that I'm currently purchasing in to a tatical rifle.

But... you can still give it a Scout mount to enhance accuracy even further.  

http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2005/akscoutscopemnt/index.asp

I suppose that IF enough Yugos get sold, that someone would make some tactical foregrips also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't like the how the reiceiver jams into my hand( i may have large hands), .

I had the same problem and took stargazers advice and put on a Tapco SAW AK grip and it is way more comfortable now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought a Century Arms Yugo M70AB2. Everything fits like a glove. I could not have gotten a better fitted weapon.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top