Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 5:31:09 PM EDT
is there any AK bbl out there that can be fitted with yugo gasblock and trunion +furniture?

or any ak bbl that can be milled down to accept it.

I.e. the vepr bbls. they look very thick as if though they have enough metal on them that they can be milled down to yugo contour.

any input?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess if you just switch the barrel I don't think it would work because the trunnion might be different. But if you switched barrel/trunnion/bolt/carrier it might work. But then again is it really worth it?
Bolt can't be switched by it self because it will not fit yugo bolt carrier.

You are buying Yugo kit for $$$
You are buying Vepr for $$$
Then you spend sh*t load of time in building and rebuilding them.
Now would it really be worth it?

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
In my previous pose I ment that it would PROBEBLY work if you do all the stuff listed in the previous post + mill down the barrel to fit all the yugo stuff (sight blocks + gas block).

I think with alot of effort you could make it work, but is it worth it? probebly not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I have not had fist hand experience but from what i read.  You can use a chinese barrel and sleeve it from the 19mm to 23mm and it should work.  The barrel parts gas block and accessores will fit you just need to notch it for the handguard retainter because of the added lenght of the yugo handguards.  

I should be able to find the site i read this on!!   And i have also seen a chinese barrel with yugo accessores put in it for sale on EE.  Recently
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thescratchingpost is right. I saw chinees barrel with yugo stuff on it, however i am not sure if chinees barrel will fit in to the yugo trunnion (I totally forgot about it). But if want to make reguler receiver yugo then you could use chinees.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]
hmmmmm sounds like it'd be cheaper just to pay the $300 and have a custom bbl made instead...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok here is the link to where i read!

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/Yugo/M70/m70.htm
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]
rock on!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
pookie comes though again
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top