Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/22/2012 10:07:28 AM EDT
Have they all dried up?
I wasn't following them to much between graduation and finding a job,
and now that I have some extra money/toys, I am looking to get one.
Have they dissapeared, or just shot up in price a good deal?
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Any input from anyone?
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Which kits are you looking for? M85s and M92s are available, check out Atlantic, Apex, Sportsmans Guide, etc. The rest haven't been brought in for a while, so it's gunbroker and EE for those...
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Neither the M85 or the 92, just the full size.
Fixed stock or UF doesn't really matter, have just always
liked the looks of the full sized AK's, was hoping to get
a parts kit and put together one with the battlefield
worn look.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
worn look.

Kits will show up in the Equipment Exchange from time to time...but you had best have $$$ in hand because the usually go pretty quickly.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to pick up a completed Yugo rifle which also turn up in the EE regularly. Most are Century-built rifles but are actually pretty damn good quality. You can then give it the "Battlefield Pick-Up" look yourself.

Just my $0.02...
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
worn look.

Kits will show up in the Equipment Exchange from time to time...but you had best have $$$ in hand because the usually go pretty quickly.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to pick up a completed Yugo rifle which also turn up in the EE regularly. Most are Century-built rifles but are actually pretty damn good quality. You can then give it the "Battlefield Pick-Up" look yourself.

Just my $0.02...

That's what I was afraid of. Well, looks like I'll be trading a pistol + cash if I can find someone interested

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
You might want to consider getting a high-cap Yugo PAP, for the cost of a parts kit, plus assembly, you can get a PAP instead.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's what I was afraid of. Well, looks like I'll be trading a pistol + cash if I can find someone interested

What kind of pistol?

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of pistol?

Swedish M/07
Was an impulse buy that honestly, doesn't fit in with anything in my collection haha.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Sad to say the days of the all matching excellent condition kits for $99 are long over. You are lucky to find an original kit for less than $500, but they are out there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#10]
hi i live in belgium and can get M70AB2 here
its a parts kit barrel and bolt not included but in america you can get plenty barrels and bolt for good prices

but i understand there is an issue with the receivers in america
its a full auto  legall or not in america??

grt

hanzieboy
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sad to say the days of the all matching excellent condition kits for $99 are long over. You are lucky to find an original kit for less than $500, but they are out there.

Should I sell an excellent condition fixed stock M70 kit with complete original barrel I've been saving for many years?
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I sell an excellent condition fixed stock M70 kit with complete original barrel I've been saving for many years?

If you are inclined to sell, now is a good time.  As previously stated, the Yugo M70 kits have really dried up.  Premium kits are getting good money these days.

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are inclined to sell, now is a good time.  As previously stated, the Yugo M70 kits have really dried up.  Premium kits are getting good money these days.

+1 to this.
Plus, it seems like the fixed stock kits tend to be a tad more sought after.
Any carving on the wood?
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 to this.
Plus, it seems like the fixed stock kits tend to be a tad more sought after.
Any carving on the wood?

I have a milled kit I am thinking of getting a fixed stock stub for to build it up as a fixed stock rather than an underfolder, actually.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I have about 80 kits, most are matching but they are front ends only. If you are interested in one, IM me.

ETA, these are stamped AB2 kits.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Lots of people have ask about the kits I have so here are some pics. We sorted through them all, punched the bores and was very happy with what we found. These pics are indicative of the kits and show everything they include. No rear end, not trigger guard (but there are plenty out there and if you need the pistol grip mount Mat has them, he also does rear trunnions.) Here is Matt's page http://mygunsnorthwest.com/index.html The kits DO include the grip screw as well.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No rear end, not trigger guard (but there are plenty out there and if you need the pistol grip mount Mat has them, he also does rear trunnions.) Here is Matt's page http://mygunsnorthwest.com/index.html

Matt has a new on-line store showing his products:  http://www.gunsnorthwest.com/main.sc

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I too ordered 1..I'm going to build a milled m70. Orf.won't be correct but close enough..if the bore look like pic..it will be a great shooter..I like yugo milled rifles..there are aks Then their are Yugos.. they gave the Soviets the finger and built a better ak..
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top