Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:27:04 PM EDT
It is a Zastava Kragujevac, Yugo. M-90. Imported by Mitchell Arms. The model # has been viberpeened out, and above is viberpeened M-90. It has a slant brake pinned on the end of barrel. The gas block seems to be of a sightly different  color of black, with no bayo lug. Looks like it was changed out. It has a cheap plastic thumb hole stock, that i would like to replace. The serial # is 008///. The end of the stock that fits the rear reaceiver look differant than the other AK's. Any other stamp/marks to look for? I woulld like to put a US made fixed stock and pistol grip on this rifle. Would i need to change out the hammer and trigger group to be legal? Who has the furniture to do this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
How much did you pay for it?

It's good to see a fellow Okie on here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
$350 cash. Have not even shot it yet. Looks almost new, maybe a 100 rds. through it. But , that stock has got to go. I'm really into ar's, but I needed an ak.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
It's 7.62
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Who has the furniture to do this?

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDHome.html

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Same rifle as in the auction, except for the butt stock.  The one i have has a lower serial #, but not by much. Thanks LM for the info.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow! $350? I bought mine back in the mid 90's used from a good friend for $800. It was an underfolder and it had a Philippine mahogany wood forend and pistol grip that he carved out himself.
It doesn't matter now cause it got stolen.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#8]
To bring some light to this apparent "steal" it does not sound like the same as those which are imported and sold for near $1,000.  It sounds like a build (either before or after it came into the country).  The reason it does not have a bayonet lug and a thumbhole stock is to avoid the 922r regulations.  So while it may have some primo parts, it is probably not the same class or collectible worth as the imported AKs that go for much more.  A picture would say more, but that is my image of what is being described.  And yes one could easily be built for less than $300 if a person knows what they are doing.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

To bring some light to this apparent "steal" it does not sound like the same as those which are imported and sold for near $1,000. It sounds like a build (either before or after it came into the country). The reason it does not have a bayonet lug and a thumbhole stock is to avoid the 922r regulations. So while it may have some primo parts, it is probably not the same class or collectible worth as the imported AKs that go for much more. A picture would say more, but that is my image of what is being described. And yes one could easily be built for less than $300 if a person knows what they are doing.

It was imported as a complete Zastava factory rifle by Mitchell.  It was held in customs until made compliant when the ban hit.  It is not a kit build.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#10]
No, but it is in the same category.  It was alterred (in my opinion that is what builds are, alterred).  It is not a collectible like others are talking about here.  And the things done to it to make it compliant are the reason for it's reduced cost. To swap out the thumbhole stock would require it to have more US parts than it probably has and need to be made compliant to the 922r.  Just my 2 cents.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I think I would've probably bought it for $350 regardless, that is a great deal.  I got into rifles too late to most likely ever afford one of these.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Just want to clarify, I'm not knocking the price you got your AK for.  I would take one if I was not building them.  $350 is a good price for an AK, you won't find one much cheaper.  But it is not a collectible now.  Of course you never know.  I bought a Chinese SKS for $75 several years ago and everyone talked about how crappy it was.  I didn't do anything to it and it became one of the more sought after SKSs since it had all the original issue stuff.  Yours certainly may make it into the ranks of collectible, but that all depends on the market and what people do with theirs.  Whatever the case, AKs are definitely among the most fun to shoot and the easiest to maintain.  Then they also have the cheapest rifle ammo on the market.  So enjoy and don't sweat it not being a collectible.  Welcome to the club, this probably won't be your only AK.  
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top