Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:39:07 AM EDT
i picked up a 59/66 about a month ago and i just had a chance to take it to the range. loaded the clip up and slide the rounds in the gun, pointed and , click. i emptied out the brass and the pin had tapped it, just not very hard. i loaded the same round in the ak and it worked. hows the best way to fix this small problem.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
is the firing pin broke?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the bolt full of cosmoline? Many of these rifles were full of the stuff because they were stored. If the bolt is full of cosmoline you need to take it apart and clean it thoroughly. If you don't you risk slam fires. If the bolt is packed the entire rifle probably needs to be disassembled and cleaned.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Remove the bolt, punch the pin out, and remove the firing pin, clean the pin and the channel and it should work, its probrably full of comsoline.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top