Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:40:28 PM EDT
Found what looks to be a 1953 Tula SKS with matching numbers.  I was not allowed to field strip it.  I started but the lady behind the counter gave me that look "just what in the hell do you think your doing?"

It looks as if there is no force matching.  Looks all orignal numbers including the stock.  

The bolt assy is black,,, First one I found like this.   Normal???

Didn't get a chance to look at the chamber or bore. and it has no sling.

Can I get a price check please.

Thanks

Buzz.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The Russkies are $250 and up around here at shows, when you can find them. And some of them are VERY rough.

NO country blued their SKS bolts or bolt carriers; this could be the result of its having been converted to a Bubba at some point in its past.

My Yugo has a blackened bolt and BC, but I did that myself; this thing will be going hunting with me, and I like to reduce reflectivity and glare whenever possible.

FWIW I saw a '53 Tula in very good condition go for almost $400 recently. I got a Yugo from the same place for $170 with a set of dies and no BC fee...so I went that route. Of course.

What would matter more to me, since I only buy shooters, is the condition of the bore. Got a .308 or .338 boresnake? Buy one if you don't, and take it with you next time.

What did they want for it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No it is not blued.  Kinda looks like black paint ala Enfield.

I am thinking of getting it but its gonna put a crimp in my FAL receiver fund.

Hmmm

maybe layway.

Oh IIRC 199.00
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
since this is a price check thread....

can I get a price check on a norinco SKS?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
it is a referb. $250-$325. check the bore and the gas tube and piston.

the chinese sell for $175-$225
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine bought a Russian SKS at a gunshow and it too had a black bolt carrier. Not sure if it was blued or painted..never got a close look.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw a Russian Tula 1954r in new unfired condition, all matching of course for $225.  Just absolutely beatiful.  I will go back on Monday and offer $200 cash OTD.  I think that they will sell it at that price.  If not, $225 is still good.  It even had the original sling.  
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top