Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:11:08 PM EDT
I cracked my original firing pin and the retaining pin seems to be seized in place i cant seem to get it to budge its a 52 tula orignal
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
probably stupid question, but are you sure you're backing the pin out the right way?  < my pin only comes out in one direction because it has a lip on one side.

must be a bad week for Russian firing pins.... mine broke this week also

EDIT:  hope you don't have the old style firing pin with a spring... I have been unable to find one and am thinking I might have to swap in a (probably Yugo) complete bolt assembly.  OTOH, if you do know a source for these firing pins, please share =)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#2]
i have a new replacement pin with spring already. and yes i am backing it out the right waythere is only one way it will back out,ive already broken 2 punches and busted open a knuckle
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
That's rough.  

Where did you get the pin?  I'm having a devil of a time finding that pin type (mostly chinese and the other russian type out there).

Hope you get your pin out, but if you give up, I'd be happy to buy the pin off you =P

EDIT:  I wonder if you could warm the bolt group, then chill the pin with canned air before tapping it out (?)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
got it while ago but heres the site, firing pin
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  You're my hero.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
got it fixed ended up having to use a 5 pound hammer
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#7]
nice
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top