Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 10:05:07 AM EDT

Hey guys, I have two chinese SKS's which I am considering selling so that I can buy another ak, hopefully in .223.  One is a pinned barrel and the other is a screwed barrel, both have less than 100 rounds through them.  I rarely shoot my SKSs.  Both include spike bayonet and original 10rd mags and are in excellent condition. Any idea what I should ask for each of them these days?  Am I crazy for giving up my Norincos for a another bastardized ak with a mixture of US/Foreign parts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny thing,  a Russian SKS was my first "modern" combat rifle that I aquired in my collection.   Since then, my collection has bloomed.   Of all of them, my sks rifles go out as much or more than anything, other than my AR.  

I wouldn't part with any of my SKS's, and I'm actually thinking I need another.  

Don't ever sell a gun, unless it doesn't work; and an SKS will always work.   Just save a little for the AK.  It is only two SKS's.  

If you do decide to sell, check Gunbroker.com for the going rate for your Norincos.   I'm guessing between 225 and 275, maybe a little less,  depending on the markings and the year of manufature, and who thinks they need it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the SKS's and wait on the AK. Try saveing pocket change at the end of every day plus one 1.00. or something like that. I know it sounds like torture but its not that bad. just my two cents.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep them,selling your firearms is always a bad idea,you can never have to many. save your money till you have enough for what you want.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top