Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:45:12 PM EDT
After dumping a few hundred Barnaul FMJs throught my Chicom SKS, today, I heared ....Ka-pow,Brrrrrrp! Nine rounds went screaming downrange. I was amazed how fast it cycled! Luckly, I held on for the ride! Guess it's time for a good cleaning.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard about a guy that was killed by his own SKS at the range when it went full auto, he panicked and dropped his rifle and he was shot by his own rifle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So what did the target look like?  How was the group?

And how tight was the group you shot in your shorts?  

CJ
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh, the infamous "run-away gun."  Everybody knows what to do with one of these- just like with the ladies- RIDE IT OUT.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
 Lucky you didn't have one of those POS aftermarket 30rnd mags on there..

Had an instance of doubling yesterday, also with Barnaul ammo, though with a Yugo.  Tore it apart for a good cleaning, and it behaved for the rest of the day.  First time for me, though I hear the doubling at least is relatively common.  Certainly surprised the hell out of me!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So what did the target look like?  How was the group?

I was shooting at an old propane tank at 100m at my favorite outdoor gravel pit. The first or second round might have hit, but really all I saw were the rounds walking up the backstop!

And how tight was the group you shot in your shorts?  

Luckly, I had already made a deposit an hour earlier.

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top