Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 12:27:02 PM EDT
I've never seen one of these in the wild before today.  I thought I would share some pictures in case anyone has one, has more info on them, or comes across one.

I have no idea if they are desirable or worth anything more than a regular SKS.  The mount is pinned and threaded properly, quality job.  Unfortunately I will never use the setup.  To be honest, after buying it I wish it was a plain old "regular" sks.  The stock is cut for the mount, so just removing it is not an option.  I could restock it, but I think I would cut out the replacement stock to allow the pins to fit.  Not sure if those are welded in or not.  This is from the distributor like this, not a home job.

This has non-matching serial numbers and appears to be from the ban era.  It has a shaved bayo lug, and a clean front end with no sling loop.  It was still filled with cosmoline and appeared to be unfired since import, but you can tell the parts themselves are used once I removed the cosmo.  It was blued after the bayo lug was shaved, so I assume mid-late 90's import.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Fairly rare.....??....    doubt it     Large serial number, drilled.... reblued, no bayo, stock cut in to..... I’d hold my /26\ letter prefix 4 digit matching number  56 Way more valuable.   Go find a site by yooperjohn to find more sks info.   Paid $295 for my true Type56 Sino Soviet few years ago and feel I struck gold

All this IMHO.... by No means a expert

H
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got an email back from the owner of the sks website with the following information.  He has identified it for me.  

Been going to gun shows for 20 years and this is the first time I have seen one, so yes, they are fairly rare.  I never claimed it was valuable.

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/kengs.html
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one of these SKS’s many years ago and still regret selling it.  The scope sat a little too high for a cheek weld but it was a fun rifle to shoot.  Accuracy was around 3-5 MOA.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top