Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2020 11:24:17 AM EDT
I know no one likes Crapco SKS pistol grip stocks.  I know most everything Magpul does is pretty well received, and fairly high quality.  If they did a SKS stock in their formation similar to their Ruger 10/22 look, would you be interested?  Not a pistol grip, but good cheekweld, and a swept grip.  Something that would drop in without any modification to the original gun.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Great idea, where can I get one?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like something like that. Not a pistol grip but better ergonomics. Longer or adjustable (shims/spacers are fine) LOP. Some way to mount a light or bi-pod. People still use SKS rifles for hunting quite a bit.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to many gun shows and gun stores trying-out aftermarket SKS stocks.  I figured out that the RamLine fit me best, but YMMV.

There is no substitute for trying-out the stock.  Some things require first-hand experience.

I would suggest, if the user intends to wear body armor, that some users of the SKS might be better off with original Length-Of-Pull, instead of going longer, what with the added bulk of the body armor.

It's easy enough to cut-out plywood spacers for syn stocks that are too short.  Much harder to cut down a stock and have the OEM metal still fit.

Pachmayr makes some slip-over butt-pads, which extend the LOP, but getting the size right for the SKS is a pain.  Sorry, I don't recall which size.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top