Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:41:46 AM EDT
Picked up a Chinese SKS a few days ago..  Has the /26\ arsenal code and 24 million serial # (1981? production).  Anyhow the serial number is prefixed with a "D", D24066xxx.  Anyone know what the significance of the D prefix?  On-line searches can only find talk about suffix codes...
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
A 24mil factory /26\ would be a 1980 (1956+24).  I'm not sure of the D prefix, but look to see if it appears to be added after the serial was stamped.  It may be stamped lighter or heavier?  Added by the importer?

Also, does it have the plastic French Tickler handguard?  It should.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes 1980 is correct.  It has the "upside down" receiver cover lock and screw in barrel.  If I remember correct it should have the plastic type gas tube handguard however the previous owner replaced it with a black plastic commercial one.  I had one of these before, supposed to be the latest updates of factory 26 final years of production.  Anyhow, I remember reading something about the significance of the D serial prefix but I cannot remember where...  I will check the appearance of the D stamp and post pic...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A 24mil factory /26\ would be a 1980 (1956+24).  I'm not sure of the D prefix, but look to see if it appears to be added after the serial was stamped.  It may be stamped lighter or heavier?  Added by the importer?

Also, does it have the plastic French Tickler handguard?  It should.

WRONG WRONG WRONG......

What you should have said is THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL J/K Martin
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top