Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:19:55 AM EDT
just exactly do i have to take off and put on my sks so i can put this stock on..... cuz the old wood stock is cracked now some how =/ so i need a new one and i have my eyes set on the tapco T6 so wat do ya say guys help me out tell me wat i need to take off and put on i already got the gas piston and operating rod plus the stock grip and gas piston housing is there anything else i need to take off?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
To replace the standard stock with a Tapco T-6 (good choice, by the way), remove the trigger group and magazine, then take the receiver/barrel assembly out of the old stock. There is a trick to installing the T6 with the pistol grip attached. Removing the gas tube cover can be and often is difficult. To replace it, you will need to disassemble the BC group, pistons, and gas tube/handguard.

To replace the original stock, you will need the necessary 922 compliance parts. The oprod is not considered as it used to be in the equation. If replaced it counts neither for or against the magic number of 10 foreign parts. Good news: US made a hammer, shear, and trigger is being offered by Murray's guns over at sksboards.com. Also, Tapco will be releasing their US made bolt soon.

buckmeister
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks alot exactly how many parts will i have to be put on to be good to go ?? will i be good if i change the piston gas block pistol grip stock and the hammer? or do i need more im taking the bayonet off too to mount a bi pod and the night sights i dunno if those are on the list too
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top