Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2016 11:12:34 PM EDT
So I have a 762 Krink built on a Firing Line receiver with 24x1.5 threads and the Bulgy 4 piece flash hider.

I have a Sandman S suppressor in NFA jail right now I bought for my Scar 17. Then I got thinking, could I suppress my Krink? I would need a 24x1.5 to 5/8x24 adapter. I would have it sent to The Firing Line to check and make sure the bore is concentric and time the brake for me. Also check it over while it's there.

Good or bad idea? Why or why not?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why it isn't a good idea. I have a Arsenal 107ur i plan on suppressing. I want to go the sandman route also.. I have used a can on my Arsenal 104ur. I used a Saker 556 with griffin armament adaptor 24x1.5 to 1/2x28 with a Trifecta brake. I checked for concentric myself by running the cleaning rod down the barrel after the adaptor. when i felt the cleaning rod go down with no problem i looked down the bore to see if i seen any problems or half moons than i took it out and shot it a few round with no problem, i than put the trifecta brake on using the cleaning rod method, looking down the bore and shooting a few rounds, afterwards i put the saker on and went out and prayed for a second and i took a few shots with pauses in between and than on the next magazine i double and triple tapped with no problem..

Originally Posted By rakkasan1187:
So I have a 762 Krink built on a Firing Line receiver with 24x1.5 threads and the Bulgy 4 piece flash hider.

I have a Sandman S suppressor in NFA jail right now I bought for my Scar 17. Then I got thinking, could I suppress my Krink? I would need a 24x1.5 to 5/8x24 adapter. I would have it sent to The Firing Line to check and make sure the bore is concentric and time the brake for me. Also check it over while it's there.

Good or bad idea? Why or why not?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems to me like it may not be worth the trouble and prayers lol. I'm gonna call Mike at The Firing Line this week to ask him his thoughts. Would be fun if it could work, even still being pretty damn loud.

On the othe hand, I have a Krebs KV13 with 14X1LH threads that should be concentric according to Krebs (but I will still have it checked). I could throw one of the soon to be released Dead Air brakes on it and be g2g. With the longer barrel it should suppress better too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with whatever you decided to do.. Look on youtube at suppressed Krinks

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rakkasan1187:
Seems to me like it may not be worth the trouble and prayers lol. I'm gonna call Mike at The Firing Line this week to ask him his thoughts. Would be fun if it could work, even still being pretty damn loud.

On the othe hand, I have a Krebs KV13 with 14X1LH threads that should be concentric according to Krebs (but I will still have it checked). I could throw one of the soon to be released Dead Air brakes on it and be g2g. With the longer barrel it should suppress better too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Just make dang sure the barrel is concentric, even on an Aresenal. I was disappointed after paying $80 for the part from US Machine Gun to suppress my AK74SU Krink.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By flight954:
Just make dang sure the barrel is concentric, even on an Aresenal. I was disappointed after paying $80 for the part from US Machine Gun to suppress my AK74SU Krink.
View Quote

This is the best advice. I was surprised that on 3 of my SGL and Arsenal rifles that all 3 were non concentric, I thought that non concentricity would be lower. I have a few more I can check but really OP, triple check your rifle

That said if the Wolverine is as good as it's promoted to be it that will solve that issue
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cav01c14] [#6]
Granted it's a 5.56 arsenal with the Omega 7.62 can but it works.

Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
You may want to invest in one of these to verify concentricity (clearing the baffles).
also
Per usual, shop around for the best price.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You can by the rod so much cheaper.

Part # 8893K217 from McMaster-Carr for $7.
Tight-Tolerance Oil-Hardening O1 Tool Steel Rod
0.2950" Diameter, 3 Feet Long
8893K217
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Norecoil1:
You can by the rod so much cheaper.

Part # 8893K217 from McMaster-Carr for $7.
Tight-Tolerance Oil-Hardening O1 Tool Steel Rod
0.2950" Diameter, 3 Feet Long
8893K217
View Quote

Ordered, thanks. $18 shipped. :)
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:34:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: L119188] [#10]
Got the rod today…it’s great except…they pinch cut the ends, so there’s some excess metal you have to dress up with a file before you use it. Took two minutes, but I put it down one barrel before I realized and it bound a bit, which was cringy.

I have a PSA AK-P with a Griffin GP7 can and a Griffin thread adapter. The can aligned perfectly on two other guns, but the rod just touches one edge of the end cap in the AK-P set up, so it’s a no go.  It honestly looked fine visually, so I’m glad I got the rod and checked. Maybe it would be fine, but it’s not really the gun I got the can for, and I waited a year for the damn thing, so I think I’ll not risk it.  Thanks again for the heads up on the rod.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top