Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2009 9:05:02 PM EDT
Hello everyone. Hopefully some of you AK gurus out there can help me out with a few questions.

1. What do Egyptian selector markings look like on military rifles? I have never seen a close up picture of the right side of an egyptian ak. If anyone has a pic or two I would greatly appreciate it

2. People say that the maadi AK's imported into the country have a crappy black paint finish. Is there parkerizing under this? Also, Do military egyptian guns feature this same finish?

Thanks, Ben
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Ben, I have pics of the selector markings, the Egyptians use two different styles on their Military models. Some have Arabic figures while other are made for export and have Western characters. I'll post pics later today.

The Maadi finish is paint over park, some people complain about the "crappy finish" but it is what it is and more often than not its a highly durable finish.

Link Posted: 10/24/2009 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the pic, John.

Anyone else have any more pictures of the selector markings?

Thanks, Ben
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
My old intec imported maadi had an "s" and an "f"
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
i just checked and my MAADI doesn't have any markings.

it's a pre-ban and was imported by CAI.  it has black paint that has chipped in a few spots, but not bad.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Double check that- I do not think CAI imported any pre-ban Maadi's. If I am wrong let me know. If yours is in pre-ban config, perhaps (hopefull) someone did a 922r conversion.  If not and you want to be extra safe- just drop in a Tapco G2 FCG and some us made furniture all the way around....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
+1.  If it's imported by CAI, it's definately not "pre-ban."  It's likely a post-ban ARM or the like.  As mentioned, it might be wise to check the compliance parts in it if someone "de-banned" it at some point.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top