Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:30:52 PM EDT
I would like to buy an original Russian kalashnikov AK47.  Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.
JDCaduceus
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure if you have $20K to $30K for a registered select fire one if you can find it. Not to be cynical but you are new to this world of AK's, right?

Hootbro
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually yes.  I already have a DIAS for my M16.  But now, I was looking into the original russian AK47.  Just wanted to get some insight.  I just wanted to hear from experienced guys out here about where and how much to get one.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
In that case to be honest, I have only seen one maybe two actual Russian select fire AK's for sale in the last 15 years. The vast majority of select fire AK's on the registry are Chinese conversions. Most Russians would have been vet bring backs from Vietnam and registered in the 1968 amnesty. You can try here www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforum.cgi  and post a "Want to Buy" request but I seriously doubt you will find a real Russian select fire AK type anytime soon.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That is cool.  Well then tell me what is the next best model to get?  I know polytech has an AK model.  But what would you recommend for a quality select fire AK?  Valmet?  or Chinese?  Or bulgarian?  I dont know so just wanted your opinion.

thanks
JDC
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top