Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:38:06 AM EDT
Where can I get one?  Robarm has been sold out forever.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where can I get one?  Robarm has been sold out forever.

Unfortunately I think Rob. Arm. is the only place, but you can call FBMG and ask them. I wanted to order a flash hider from them, but they are out as well.

ETA I just called them and spoke to Ty(?) and he said they have brakes in stock, just no flash hiders.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
FBMG?  I apologize but my acronym-speak is a bit under developed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FBMG?  I apologize but my acronym-speak is a bit under developed.

FBMG, Inc.

Just call Robinson and order it from them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I spoke to a guy at snipercountrypx.com and told me to go with a flash hider on a 7.62 rather than a muzzle break. I'm really not sure which one to order for my 7.62.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I spoke to a guy at snipercountrypx.com and told me to go with a flash hider on a 7.62 rather than a muzzle break. I'm really not sure which one to order for my 7.62.

What do you you want from the muzzle device? If you need to reduce flash obviously the flash hider is what you want. If this is going to be a range gun, definately go with the brake. It greatly reduces muzzle rise.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to kill muzzle rise, hiding the flash doesn't really interest me.  I don't see myself firing long distances in the dark trying to remain hidden.  If I had to, I'd whip up a "tacti-cool" soda can rig.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I want to kill muzzle rise, hiding the flash doesn't really interest me.  I don't see myself firing long distances in the dark trying to remain hidden.  If I had to, I'd whip up a "tacti-cool" soda can rig.

Get the brake. I have one on my K and it is great.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello.
I am one of the owner of Vepr K. This rifle came without the muzzle brake from the factory, I bought one from guy on gunbroker for 55$. I have to say that muzzle brake made a huge difference.
I also had some trouble with making indentations in the barrel, and proper muzzle brake allignment, but it is fine now.

Also the flash hider doesn't hide the flash, so that your anamy can't see you. It hides the flash so that your eyes wouldn't get blind during the night, from the flash (but it is still visible to your anamy).

Anyway the point of all this is GET THE BRAKE it will make a huge difference in the muzzle jump.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a muzzle brake as well on my K.  It rules!  I had it without the brake originally, and it really made follow up shots easy.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top