Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:52 PM EDT
Hi. I bought a Vepr super and love it. I have a 3x9 with A.R.M.S. rings on it for now. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good scope that uses the stock rings. I appriciate any and all suggestions.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey there.

I just bought a VEPR II, and love mine as well.  Sorry to hijack your thread, but where did you get the Super VEPR from?  I don't even see the Super Vepr on the RobArms website????

thanks
Chris

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the forum guys and congrats on purchasing the best AK money can buy...... Den, The scope your looking for depends on the money you are willing to spend... You can go with really any scope, Just look aorund and find one you like Try Kalinka for russian made scopes. Top notch they are russian issue, The dragunov reticle seems easier to use than the mil dot. and has a built in rangefinder scale. Kalinkas are all your gonna need for that gun.

Brawler. Robinson doesnt import many super veprs due to the fact that the stock is prone to cracking just above the safety. They are trying to get the russians to make a sunthetic stock for it and said that they will import very few of them every once in a while untill this problem gets fixed.

You guys make sure to post pics of you rifles in the VEPR pic thread.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The Super Vepr's rings are 26mm. Standard US scopes are 25mm (1"). You will have to find a spacer. The Super Vepr was supposed to come with a 1mm spacer so you can use standard scopes. The only other  option for the supplied rings is to find a 26mm scope.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. Brawler, I found it about 3 or four months ago at my local dealer. I saw it  and had to have it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the great info, all u guys.

I appreciate it.  I really like the looks of a Super Vepr, but I am quite content with my .308 Vepr II.

I love it.  I saved the first target from when I first took it out of the box, and shot it at 50 meters.  Very impressive!  The trigger is nice and light compared to my stock Armalite trigger.

Great gun, and I hope to buy another AK in the future.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#6]
If you can get some 30mm rings the (Yes its a corny name) Super Sniper Scope that S.W.F.A. sells is a realy nice scope and in my opinion except for the russian made scopes it is the best deal in its price range. I have one on a heavy barrel .308 bolt gun and the scope tracks fantastic and is very clear.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you can get some 30mm rings the (Yes its a corny name) Super Sniper Scope that S.W.F.A. sells is a realy nice scope and in my opinion except for the russian made scopes it is the best deal in its price range. I have one on a heavy barrel .308 bolt gun and the scope tracks fantastic and is very clear.

+1 on the super snipers. I do not have one but have heard they are VERY good scopes. They are  rated for a .50 cal. so the vepr .308 should be no problem for it.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top