Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2005 9:24:29 AM EDT
hey all, I have a question that probably sounds stupid but i'd still like to know if anyone has had any similiar experiences. ok, I have a vepr II in .223 that I have only shot brass cased xm193 through. the finish is starting to come off the bolt and a few other places. under most of the paint that has come off is a normal silverish color but on some of the places it is a bit yellowish. I have found some brass slivers from the ammo I have been using and I'm thinking that the yellowing is caused by that and the cleaning solivent I use ( Eezox ). I do leave a light coat of oil on the rifle when i'm not using it. I also have a vepr k in 7.62x39 that i've only shot  wolf through and thought the finish is starting to come off in the same spots it doesn't have the yellow tint to it.  just looking for some input.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've ran a couple hundred rounds through my Vepr in 7.62x39 but have not had any finish problems.
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
A lot of spots on the bolt, FCG, and rails have the finish worn off on my Vepr K (7.62x39). I've gone through about 1000+ rd thru the Vepr and the moving parts/surfaces are well worn.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The finish durability is the biggest weakness but I just use klean bore 3 in one and have no problems as far as the cleaner goes. As far as the bolt I would not worry about it because it is going to come off if you shoot it ver much and that is just normal. Great rifles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
mine was a dull grey after the finish on the bolt came off,was painted black

dude watch the finish in the outside its just as shitty as the paint on the bolt, just about anything will eat it off even Hoppes.

brass slivers are normal,color probally from brass rubbing on bolt mech

my glock feed ramp turns yellow from useing brass ammo and stays grey and dull if i use wolf
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Normal gun oil CLP won't harm the Vepr finish will it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I use Klean Bore 3 in 1 on mine and have had no problems. I also have used that foam cleaner that Wal-Mart sells and had no problem.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Brake Free is the BEST - I think.

I have used brake free on all of my guns, and they look like new.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top