Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:38:07 PM EDT
I guess the title asks it all.  I just bought a VEPR K Sunday afternoon, and I'm already thinking about tinkering with it.  If the Ultimak unit doesn't work, what other options are there?

Oh, and by the way, howdy all!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ultimak do a special set up for the VEPR. It comes with a new forend because the standard VEPR forend won't accomodate the Ultimak. That's the good news - bad news is it costs $150.

Cheaper option is the Russian Belarus low mount that CDNN had for $40. This is near enough centered, and quite low over the receiver.

You can also get a more sophisticated mount from Robarms (VEPR seller) for around $100 - it features adjustment screws so that you can keep your scope centered.

My preference is the $40 from CDNN, but the Robarms mounts are very nice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you by chance have a pic of the Belarus mount on a VEPR?  I saw the one that CDNN had, but I wasnt sure how low it really sat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a Belarus low-mount (BP-02) on my Saiga.

It has just enough clearance to allow you to remove the top cover with it mounted.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pic!  Nice rifle.  I am actually looking for a mount that will be kinda like a scout mount.  If all else fails, I may install one of those doo-dads like yours, TXN.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pic!  Nice rifle.  I am actually looking for a mount that will be kinda like a scout mount.  If all else fails, I may install one of those doo-dads like yours, TXN.

The UltiMAK vepr-k mount forend is a standard forend, milled out to fit the mount.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top